1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jamie, wheels are looking great, but you are going to have a hard time to keep them spotless...especially during winter time, that being said, i would go with option #1... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
630 Posts
neither wheel works for the sonata IMHO....especially being chrome

my $.02

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm a cheapskate and do not have money burning a hole in my wallet. However, I had to replace the rims on my STS because it was cheaper than destroying tires due to different rim sizes on the front and back. Also, the chrome rims were used up North and were rotted from the inside out. Two tires could not hold pressure because of the rot. I purchased the set through Discount Tire. Brand name means nothing to me. I just needed something that looked decent and didn't cost a *** load. I got a set of 4 17" rims for $525 installed, lifetime warranty, free rotation and balance. If the need should arrive to change out the rims, I would go there again and not worry about it. They have nice enough rims that look really good IMHO.

This is what is on my STS:
STS Rims

If I get a black 2.0T, I may put something like these on down the road:
Possible 2.0T Rims

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (jwu614 @ May 21 2010, 02:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325101
I like the first one http://www.d2autosport.com/wheels/MRR/gt1chrome.JPG

I was also considering wheels from tirerack.

these http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp...&sort=Brand

O.Z. Michelangelo 10

I like the top ones from the initial post, otherwise I like the ones form tirerack. I was looking at those same rims also. I'm not sure how you deal with the sensors which is why I haven't ordered them yet. Plus I hate the upkeep of chrome. It looks great but it's hard to keep clean, i'm the lazy type who never washes their car.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (hqen2000 @ May 21 2010, 06:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325168
I like the top ones from the initial post, otherwise I like the ones form tirerack. I was looking at those same rims also. I'm not sure how you deal with the sensors which is why I haven't ordered them yet. Plus I hate the upkeep of chrome. It looks great but it's hard to keep clean, i'm the lazy type who never washes their car.

:wallbash:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow guys thanks for all the input, i really appreciate it.

Its not that i have the money burning in my pocket its just this is my 1st car that i bought on my own and im looking to make the car a real head turner (not that it isnt already, i actually got a thumbs up today from a guy driving a lamborgini murciealgo <spelling?>)

i was definitely considering the ones from tirerack but i can get the other ones in "hyper silver" and not chrome i just couldnt find a picture of it. I like those only because they are 19s and not 18s and i wanted to go a decent size bigger than my 17s that my gls has now. I think the 19s give the illusion that the gap between the tire and wheel well is smaller.

i hate making decisions =X

1 - 8 of 8 Posts