Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to purchase some new rims for my Sonata, but the car is so new there's not even many pics of other people's Sonatas with rims on them. Not sure to go 19 inch or 20inch. Any ideas and if anyone has pics lets post them!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I asked for the same because the online "view the tire on your car" doesn't show depth or shadow. Also, the Tire Kingdom one doesn't even show the '11 Sonata yet.

I'm going to assume that only about 3 people registered on this forum have actually put aftermarket wheels on their ride....or people don't visit this forum often after they register.

Rich

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you want to lower the car eventually, then get some 19's with 225/35-19 tires, Ayces has them on his car, lowered, and it looks AWESOME! I have 20's with 225/35-20 tires and i don't think i can lower the car without having clearance issues. They will look good either way, just depends on what your other plans are.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Jun 30 2010, 08:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337671
If you want to lower the car eventually, then get some 19's with 225/35-19 tires, Ayces has them on his car, lowered, and it looks AWESOME! I have 20's with 225/35-20 tires and i don't think i can lower the car without having clearance issues. They will look good either way, just depends on what your other plans are.
+1

Any way you decide they will look good. I had 19" on my last car and loved them so I decided to go for them on the Sonata.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Jun 30 2010, 11:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337671
your clearance issues are more because of the RWD offset, not because of the size...look at the side profile of your car...you clearly have at least an 1" clearance at any wheel well...if your wheels were a bit more sunken in (i.e. higher offset) you could slam your car

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 1 2010, 07:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337730
your clearance issues are more because of the RWD offset, not because of the size...look at the side profile of your car...you clearly have at least an 1" clearance at any wheel well...if your wheels were a bit more sunken in (i.e. higher offset) you could slam your car
yeah, and the fact that they are 8.5" wide, cause I don't have much clearance on the inside either.

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you lower you car, go with 19's.

Ayces car is a perfect example of how sweet a sonata can look with just 19's.

I will most likely get 19's and lower it in the near future.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Why go with 19's? because one guy on here has them? Like myself who owns a SE won't be switching to any other WHEEL. 19" tires will cost you a fortune compared to 18 or 20. Also you can do a 20" and lower just fine. Find the right offset and go with a 20 x 8.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jul 1 2010, 10:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337803
Why go with 19's? because one guy on here has them? Like myself who owns a SE won't be switching to any other WHEEL. 19" tires will cost you a fortune compared to 18 or 20. Also you can do a 20" and lower just fine. Find the right offset and go with a 20 x 8.
20 inch tires cost less than 19's? Never noticed.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jul 1 2010, 10:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337803
this is true....why I still dunno

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 1 2010, 11:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337809
this is true....why I still dunno
The only logical way this is true is probably because of supply/demand. I'm sure 20's are way more popular than 19's probably thanks to rap music. :liebe011:

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 1 2010, 12:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337843
The only logical way this is true is probably because of supply/demand. I'm sure 20's are way more popular than 19's probably thanks to rap music. :liebe011:
lol...yeah thank that nasty dirty south garbage for that fad....and maybe because 19 is an odd #?

I know back in the day people who had 19's on their cars (not trucks) were very proud and used to call themselves part of "dubz minus 1 club"

i never got it (altho with a drop and the right car, 19's do look sweet)

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jul 1 2010, 07:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337803
Why? Because 19" are badass. :shades:

It gives you the look of a bigger wheel, but it will also be lighter than a 20".

They are however more expensive. Tires are about $30 - $50 more per tire. You will also have less options as far as wheels go. I originally thought that 20" would look to "Donk-tastic" on the Sonata, but rcweimer and others on this forum proved me wrong. Whether you choose 19" or 20" I am sure you will be happy. Make sure to post some pics when you get them on!

·
Registered
717 Posts
You may not see one with 20's and lowered any time soon. This forum is not huge like some of the others. Also this car doesn't have the aftermarket supply just yet.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jul 2 2010, 10:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338229
You may not see one with 20's and lowered any time soon. This forum is not huge like some of the others. Also this car doesn't have the aftermarket supply just yet.
Yeah aftermarket prices are way to high right now. I'm gonna sit and wait till this car blows up and we'll have aftermarket parts like crazy.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 2 2010, 10:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338230
Yeah aftermarket prices are way to high right now. I'm gonna sit and wait till this car blows up and we'll have aftermarket parts like crazy.

then it'll be too late...every ricer and fanboi will have one!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts