Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, looking like I might need a new clutch in our 1.4 G4EE getz. May not have the time to do it myself, and it's our daily driver, so might get a shop to do it if needed. The engine has 246 000KMs on it, and I'm just wondering if it's worth it at this stage of the car's life.

I know it depends on alot of things (driving style, etc) in order to predict the amount of life left in a car. From 80k till now, it's mainly done highway driving, so I'm hoping there's alot of life left in the engine. I do most basic maintenance myself, and oil changes every 5000kms.

I don't know much about these cars. Are there other typical failures around the corner, such as the head gasket? Happy to hear some opinions from people who know these cars well. Cheers!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah good advice guys. I just needed the reassurance to push me over the edge haha.

It's been a great car otherwise, suspension is sound, no leaks, and really haven't had to put much into it otherwise. I think I'm just scared of a comment like 'the headgasket rarely makes it past 300k' or something to that extent.

Taking it to a shop this week, will see what's up with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.