Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a similar thread about this issue from a couple of years ago but no recent posts about it, so I wanted to raise the issue again.

Does anyone know of a way to have more then two active, programmed proximity key FOBs for a 2008 Veracruz? Is there any kind of trick or work around you know of?

Like some of you, I had a remote starter installed in my 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited AWD when I bought it a couple of years ago. The installer had to use one of the proximity key FOBs to install near the remote starter electronics (under the dash board) to make the remote starter work. I asked the Hyundai dealer about getting a "third" proximity key FOB made but was told there can only be two actively programmed at one time. So, I have been stuck with just one proximity key FOB to use since then.

This week I contacted the automotive electronics shop that installed the remote starter to see if there had been any "advances" that would allow them to no longer need to use that proximity key FOB under the dash. At first they said there were new programmable modules that free up the need for the actual proximity key FOB to be used under the dash. But then when they checked with the three after-market remote starter manufacturers that they work with they were told no one has developed a work around for the need for the proximity key FOB being under the dash with the Veracruz.

I am really worried that if I ever lose or damage my one and only proximity key FOB I am going to be really screwed. I will have to have the car opened by a locksmith, towed to a Hyundai dealership, and wait and pay for a new set of programmable proximity key FOBs to be made. That would also then mean my remote starter electronics would need to be re-worked using a new proximity key FOB. In other words - it would be a huge issue. I would really like to find a way to either get a "third" proximity key FOB programmed to work for my 2008 Veracruz or find a remote starter manufacturer that can work around this issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2 "Smart Key" is all you get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts