Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took apart the front right suspension yesterday to try to put lowering springs in. I decided to stop and I put everything back on as stock. Today I drove it for the first time but then I heard a soft horn coming from the engine bay, it sounded like a warning horn but no warning lights came on. I immediately parked it. Any ideas what I did to cause this horn? Is it under warranty? Thanks

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Do you only herar the noise while the car is in motion? If so then you may have bent the plate behind the rotor and it is touching the rotor.Just bend it back.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you only herar the noise while the car is in motion? If so then you may have bent the plate behind the rotor and it is touching the rotor.Just bend it back.
No it is a constant moan Independent of if the car is moving. I put it in park and It continued untill I turned off the car

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I wonder if you pinched the ABS line and its shorting somehow. But I would figure you would throw the ABS light at that point.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Location of work leads me to also point out the abs line. Other than that it could be unrelated to suspension and maybe a coincidence. Remember to get some spc camber bolts to help camber when lowewring

·
Registered
548 Posts
sometimes the air intake can sound like that.... either because clamps left loose or filter not sitting right...air going through when car is running acts like an air horn....or. MAF when it goes bad has done that at times...but I never seen that in Hyundais. Did you happen to do other things when you went to do this work? Knock off maintenance too or something?

There are no "warning horns" in engine compartment besides the one attached to steering wheel button.... only "chimes" usually buzzer or radio speaker or electric signal within the passenger compartment.... that's any and every vehicle including other makes of cars like Ford or Chevy

·
Registered
647 Posts
Do you hear it with the ignition on but the engine not running? If it is only when the engine is turning then maybe some displaced piece is rubbing on a belt or pulley. If it happens even when the engine is not turning then I don't know what it could be.

You could ***carefully*** use a piece of garden hose as a stethoscope to help narrow down where it is coming from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts