Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all how are you today??

I am here to ask about this particular model you all own. I had a 2012 SE sonata last year that I bought new in November of 2011 and lost it due to hurricane Irma. Now we currently own a 2014 Hyundai Tucson Limited and I will say it is a great vehicle. The Tucson is my wife`s and this December I`ll be looking into a 2015 and up sonata or if I can find 1 of these Veracruz`s at a decent price I`ll consider this. I did all my research on the LF sonata and now I would like all of your input on this vehicle. Like pros and cons, gas mileage, what to look out for as far as known issue, comfort, engine power, . Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would get a top end used Veracruz. Lower the miles the better. It is a car due to the lack of market awareness you can get for a steal.
I mean you can get a $40k new vehicle for $5k-6k so there isn't much downside. You'll spend more on gas than a comparable Santa Fe XL but your cost basis will be far lower.

Known issues:
- alternator can fail due to gasket leak from valve cover - this happened to me x2 in my vehicle's life - recall item so may be covered even after warranty ends but you have to fight
- random electrical stuff - window switch

If you know about vehicles and know how to get new parts cheap from ebay this car will have a long life and you'll come out ahead financially. (I run a PE firm and I'm investing in a new tech that is comparable to the "first airplane" or the "first smartphone." Let me just say that you want to save $40k right now to be ready for the investment opportunities that are coming...PM me for more - happy to help, though I'm more target to accreditted folks and family offices)

Finally, I would also consider changing oils and fluids and hopefully you have the history of the vehicle. A good hint is get the VIN number and call the local dealers based on where the car is from to see if they have a history, most of the time they will help you out w/ the history of service and any things that were done.

Navid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts