Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to get an idea how many people would be interested if I do another write up/how to.
I'm going to be relocating my Ipod to the storage area under the arm rest (where the smart key port is).
If there is enough interest then I will spend the extra time taking pictures and make a full write up/how to on it.

I don't know how to make a "poll thread" so just reply yes or no to this.

Thank you!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing it, too.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (XxSuperGmaN25xX @ Nov 23 2010, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374091
im interested! it would the same for moving one of the "cigarette" lighters correct?

Believe it or not my mod is easier. But you could use the same process to get access to the area.

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Nov 23 2010, 12:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374030
I just want to get an idea how many people would be interested if I do another write up/how to.
I'm going to be relocating my Ipod to the storage area under the arm rest (where the smart key port is).
If there is enough interest then I will spend the extra time taking pictures and make a full write up/how to on it.

Thank you!
Absolutely!!!! Do post your DIY. I hate that hyundai did not think about our Ipod's getting stolen (apart from the broken windows) when they put the connector out in the open. But if you could port this into the storage below arm rest, then you will be a rock star :)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will be incorporated to a certain extent. I don't want to give to much info away. With the response I've got so far I made up my mind and I will document this mod. First order of business for me is actually getting some sleep. I've been under the weather for the past few days. Doing a mod while being exhausted = mistakes!

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Nov 23 2010, 11:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374134
It will be incorporated to a certain extent. I don't want to give to much info away. With the response I've got so far I made up my mind and I will document this mod. First order of business for me is actually getting some sleep. I've been under the weather for the past few days. Doing a mod while being exhausted = mistakes!
Get some rest and then do your best. Looking foward to what you have in mind. Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Nov 23 2010, 12:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374030

Thank you!
I have tought of moving the ipod/USB unit to the above store box in the center console - right below the A/C controls (SE Model). I dindt want to mess around with any cabling or splicing.

Under Arm rest box will be nice two .........

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Nov 23 2010, 01:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374030

Thank you!
Better hurry up or else I will!

Jk, I listen to XM or music on a flash drive, even though I have an iphone 4. Its just easier for me to use flash drives.

But yes, post for others!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (Iceberg802 @ Nov 23 2010, 08:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374351
Better hurry up or else I will!

Jk, I listen to XM or music on a flash drive, even though I have an iphone 4. Its just easier for me to use flash drives.

But yes, post for others!

well I ran into a snag, its going to be another week before i can do this.. Waiting for another part that will hopefully work for my application.

So if you want to take a shot at it go ahead! :)

BTW im not splicing any wires for this project. splicing an 3.5 audio jack harness = no good, unlike usb where its data, the audio will be affected if you do a y-split.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (XxSuperGmaN25xX @ Nov 23 2010, 03:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374265
im surprised there isnt a power adapter in the glovebox/armrest. why would moving the ipod/usb be easier then the power?

no splicing required for my planned mod, where as the power adapter you need a power and a ground, to be honest its only 2 wires which you can use wire taps and tap into one of the power port in the front but im not actually going to splice anything for this mod. It I had to splice into all the wires i would be looking at over 14+ wires needed if memory serves me right.

Also on a side note, Hyundai did something **** with the way there I pod cable works, and that's why Its going to be another week before I have the needed part.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Nov 23 2010, 09:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374378
hopefully you can make the iPod shut off while the vehicle is turned off.

that requires splicing :( i know its **** but then again the ipod barely has any impact on battery draw, especially if its fully charged, the ipod goes into sleep mode.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (jcc1974 @ Nov 23 2010, 01:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374275
I have tought of moving the ipod/USB unit to the above store box in the center console - right below the A/C controls (SE Model). I dindt want to mess around with any cabling or splicing.

Under Arm rest box will be nice two .........
That storage box works for me too. I leave the ipod there now, and unplug it when parking in public. I have thought about buying another factory audio port and using a Dremel to install it in the back of that area. The original one would be useless, but I would leave the illumination hooked up so it looked stock. I'm pretty sure the wiring harness comes from the firewall end, so the reach to the new location should be available. Maybe a 1.5 or 2 hour job? I saw the audio port for $28. at one of the Korean aftermarket sites. If I try this, I'll email Shark (or Bogeyman) to see if they will supply it. The only thing I have against the armrest box is that I keep a bunch of other things in there.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts