Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancee has experienced this twice thus far.
After braking and letting OFF the brake pedal, the car will hard brake on its own and really jerk the car.
She said the first time it felt like someone rear ended her it did it so hard.
Its been several weeks and this morning its done it again.
Its extremely random, only done it twice and only done it since the major firmware update we got to fix all the hesitation/drivability issues.

I'm obviously curious if anyone else on this forum has experienced these symptons.

After everything we went through with the hesitation issues, I feel like I should just follow through with the lemon law paperwork I've already started and get rid of this thing. We love the car, but nobody should have to deal with such problems in a brand new car. :(

Thanks for the input,

Scott

·
Registered
198 Posts
Never heard nor experienced the problem. See if you can find a procedure of steps that will duplicate the issue. If you can, you'll have a much easier time convincing the dealer about the problem. Sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was the charge on the battery really low? I have had that happened to me before when it was really low, when i stopped at a red light and started to go again, the car jerks like how you described it.

Apparently the new update on the ECU fixes this. Im getting it updated tomorrow maybe you should too if you haven't.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My fiancee has experienced this twice thus far.
After braking and letting OFF the brake pedal, the car will hard brake on its own and really jerk the car.
She said the first time it felt like someone rear ended her it did it so hard.
Its been several weeks and this morning its done it again.
Its extremely random, only done it twice and only done it since the major firmware update we got to fix all the hesitation/drivability issues.

I'm obviously curious if anyone else on this forum has experienced these symptons.

After everything we went through with the hesitation issues, I feel like I should just follow through with the lemon law paperwork I've already started and get rid of this thing. We love the car, but nobody should have to deal with such problems in a brand new car. :(

Thanks for the input,

Scott
Is the car still in motion or at a full stop?

·
Registered
14 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts