Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Sunday my 2001 Sonata suddenly died and would not restart. There is no spark to the plugs. The coil plugs show current when the ignition is turned on but the coils are not firing. I find it highly unlikely that both coils would fail at the same time so I suspect a sensor is bad. I have 113000 on the car and this is the first real problem with it. The timing belt is new and even out of time it should still have spark. Has anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by kdsholt@Oct 19 2004, 10:06 PM
This past Sunday my 2001 Sonata suddenly died and would not restart. There is no spark to the plugs. The coil plugs show current when the ignition is turned on but the coils are not firing. I find it highly unlikely that both coils would fail at the same time so I suspect a sensor is bad. I have 113000 on the car and this is the first real problem with it. The timing belt is new and even out of time it should still have spark. Has anyone had similar problems?
[snapback]1853[/snapback]​

Does the engine at least wind when you turn the ignition? One of my customers had a similar problem and he fixed it by changing his battery. Your could be a totally different situation though..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem was the crankshaft sensor. It took me awhile to trace it down but I managed too do so. Thanks for the imput though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts