Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All. I just purchased a 2017 Elantra GT - with really low miles (30k) after my previous 2003 Toyota Matrix died with 250,389 miles (I had it since it was new, and it was my first car).

I would greatly appreciate some recommendations for upgrades.

1. A front license plate mount. I’ve found the OEM one for $44 instead of the usual $90 or $100. I know there are plate mounts that go in the towing hook slot, but I’d prefer a more centered look. Any recommendations?

2. A navigation system (preferably one that works with the steering wheel controls, android audio would be neat too). The compass-nav unit is out of my price range, so something aftermarket that looks good and is around $350 preferably.

3. Interior mood lights, like under the feet, etc. that are compatible with the GT. (I’ve seen these in peoples cars, and I just think they look neat, so no rush in doing this)

4. I’d like to replace the front and rear lights with LED units. My understanding is that there are factory units from the i30 I think that fit the 2017 Elantra GT. Any recommendations of where to get a set? Or would a particular brand/type of LED bulbs be just as good? I think the LED all in one units look more stylish. Any thoughts? No rush but it is something I’d like to do sooner than later.

5. Any other inexpensive upgrades I should consider for style in the interior or exterior? Any problems I should look out for? I plan to take care of the car just as well as I did with my Toyota.

Thank you so much for your recommendations.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,841 Posts
Hello All. I just purchased a 2017 Elantra GT - with really low miles (30k) after my previous 2003 Toyota Matrix died with 250,389 miles (I had it since it was new, and it was my first car).

I would greatly appreciate some recommendations for upgrades.

1. A front license plate mount. I’ve found the OEM one for $44 instead of the usual $90 or $100. I know there are plate mounts that go in the towing hook slot, but I’d prefer a more centered look. Any recommendations?

2. A navigation system (preferably one that works with the steering wheel controls, android audio would be neat too). The compass-nav unit is out of my price range, so something aftermarket that looks good and is around $350 preferably.

3. Interior mood lights, like under the feet, etc. that are compatible with the GT. (I’ve seen these in peoples cars, and I just think they look neat, so no rush in doing this)

4. I’d like to replace the front and rear lights with LED units. My understanding is that there are factory units from the i30 I think that fit the 2017 Elantra GT. Any recommendations of where to get a set? Or would a particular brand/type of LED bulbs be just as good? I think the LED all in one units look more stylish. Any thoughts? No rush but it is something I’d like to do sooner than later.

5. Any other inexpensive upgrades I should consider for style in the interior or exterior? Any problems I should look out for? I plan to take care of the car just as well as I did with my Toyota.

Thank you so much for your recommendations.
I can help you source the OEM LED tail lights. PM me and we can go from there!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts