Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2013 sonata gls and I am going to be putting in a 300-500lb system in the truck and was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how i could help with the extra weight i have 22" wheels on the sonata now which require the metal spring spacers now to prevent rubbing so i know when i add more weight i am going to need to replace the stock suspension.....
I have already looked for what i would normally do with air lift helper system and it doesn't look like they make them for this car...
ANY ideas???

·
Registered
592 Posts
Coilover set after system is installed would bring u back up to where you want to be and can be adjusted again if needed later. This will also allow you to match the front equally

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, I just put 3 sundown 12's in my cousins Nissan and those are over 50 lbs each
That's still under 200lbs with the box and and amp so double that is there even enough trunk space O_O and with that much bass I doubt you can hear the music I like a single 12" that's honestly all you need imo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone who wants to know it will be
2 tantric audio hdd 12s 60 lbs each
box walled off at trunk 75lbs
1 b2 audio zero.1 25lb
4 batteries @ 88lbs each
misc @ 25lbs
looking actually at closer to 500 then 300

so if anyone could help that would be great.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Current draw man have to feed the beast electrical is the weakest part of most peoples equipment....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Like someone said. get adjustable coilovers and that all you have as an option I'm certain of that. and that's gonna run you around another grand you don't want to cheap out on coils.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Custom springs from a company that makes them every day, like H&R for instance. Call or email telling them you're adding xxx pounds over the rear axle on a YF and let them do the math and quote you a solution. I'm guessing about $400. That sounds like chump change compared to your planned system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
enjoytheride thanks do you have any brands to recommend?
Scott thanks as well i will have to check them out to.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts