Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vibration/ticking sound that appears to be coming from the window/door on the passenger side..or could even be the back seat passenger side. I have had it in the dealership twice and twice they have been convinced that it was fixed by insulating and lubricating different areas of the passenger door interior. I don't even get down the street before it starts again.
I plan on taking it back a 3rd time, but am trying to take matters into my own hands at this point. I am trying to pinpoint what the vibration/ticking sound is exactly so I can help the tech guys out at the dealership who appear to being struggling with this issue. Any direction anyone can give me will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i would get someone to ride on that side of the SF, sounds can be tricky. I had something similar on the same thing on drivers side, took it in and they found it to be the gas line, only the next day same thing. While washing it , i heard it again; it was the black plastic loose at the outside bottom of the door. Tighten the black bolt inside..sound gone.
Now if i could just find that tricky wind noise...mmmmm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...just took it out and had my wife drive. I am almost certain the ticking is located somewhere in the middle pillar region that separates the front and back doors. But the problem with sound as we know is that it can travel very well through solids...which makes me think that it may possibly be the plastic at the bottom of the door. I checked and the bolts seem to be tight, but the plastic is not adhered right to the door bottom so it could be the culprit. I'm just not sure how the dealership would deal with this if the bolts are tight...some type of adhesive? I'm wiling to try anything at this point.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've got the EXACT same problem, and others have also had it.... It's beginning to happen enough that Hyundai needs to look into a fix. I've been to the dealership twice now, and on both occasions, they gave me the car back once saying "we tightened it" the other time saying they didn't hear anything. I'm no loser, and I took auto shop for four years in high school... I know it's clips that snap in to hold the trim and not screws, there is no way to " tighten" it.... But thanks for lying to me.

Here is the other thread, and if you are able to come up with a fix, please let me know... I noticed youre in London, so if your dealership has better service regarding this, i will make the drive down there without hesitation.
My dealership needs to be told what the issue is, since they aren't smart enough to find out anything. I had the same issue with my rocking drivers seat.... Thanks to this forum, I told them what others were doing and it's finally going to get fixed.....

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/260-dm-2013-santa-fe/164500-passenger-door-rattle.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts