Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first topic and I'm sorry if I got it wrong as far as posting in the right place is concerned. But does anyone know? Would really appreciate some help :liebe011:

·
Registered
31 Posts
RHD is just a mirror image of what is in the manual.
the information on this document doesn't reflect the right place for the Etacs on this car. I have dismatled both sides of the car and it is not there.
I have also removed the entire dashboard under the car radio and aircon and it is also not there.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
The info is from the factory manual, so it's about as reliable as info gets.

I guess your car wasn't fitted with an ETAC module then. Not all trim levels have one.
hmm....In this case what supposed to be the fob receiver antenna for this car? and where is supposed to be located?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,339 Posts
hmm....In this case what supposed to be the fob receiver antenna for this car? and where is supposed to be located?
The ETAC is the fob receiver. But as I said, not all trim levels came with an ETAC, or remote locking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The ETAC is the fob receiver. But as I said, not all trim levels came with an ETAC, or remote locking.
I see...but I would assume this would be the case for the cheapest model? only for the most basic standard cars? This car is GSI 1.6 got air con, central locking, electrical windows, electrical mirrors, roof bars, alloy wheels. Do you think a car with these acessories would come with no locking remote from factory?
I also don't find where the alarm module is in this car. Which also strikes me as I tought most cars would come with some sort of factory fitted alarm in these days...

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
This car is GSI 1.6 got air con, central locking, electrical windows, electrical mirrors, roof bars, alloy wheels. Do you think a car with these acessories would come with no locking remote from factory?
GSi is the base model. I don't know for sure whether a Matrix GSi should have remote locking or not but my previous car was a Hyundai Getz GSi that came with air con, central locking, etc but it didn't have an ETAC or remote locking.

gthyun said:
I also don't find where the alarm module is in this car.
ETAC is the alarm module.

EDIT: I just checked, the GSi Matrix didn't come with remote locking....

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
GSi is the base model. I don't know for sure whether a Matrix GSi should have remote locking or not but my previous car was a Hyundai Getz GSi that came with air con, central locking, etc but it didn't have an ETAC or remote locking.

ok. everything is getting clearer now... maybe these car haven't got the remote and alarm from factory, I am wondering if there is any database which I could see the details of my particular car using the vin number. I am considereding to either install a keyless entry or alarm but would like to be sure if car got any of these factory fitted before.

·
Registered
31 Posts

EDIT: I just checked, the GSi Matrix didn't come with remote locking....

I see ...many thanks ...this helps me a lot to take an informed decision now.

·
Registered
14,339 Posts
Glad I was able to help. Good luck with the remote locking/alarm installation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts