Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2011 Sonata Se w/o navigation. I am wanting to replace the orginal speakers. I looked on Cructchfield to try to find the speakers size but I have had no luck. Anyone know the speaker sizes of all 6 speakers? More importantly can anyone post a how to guide on replacing all 6 speakers. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Crutchfield has an 800 number you can call for help. The door speakers are 6.5 in both front and rear. I just replaced mine with JBL's in the front and Sony's in the back. I left the dash speakers as is since it would take removing the dash to upgrade them. I'm quite happy with the result.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had them installed at Best-Buy. I bought the Sony's from Crutchfield hoping as they advertise they would send a complete set of instructions on how to remove the dooor panels. The car is too new so they haven't got the instructions on paper yet. The JBL's I bought from Amazon. Best-buy put them in for $144. Took less than a hour. I just didn't want to take the chance that I'd mess up the panels. They did a great job.

·
Registered
185 Posts
QUOTE (11HarborSE @ Jul 18 2010, 01:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342690
Crutchfield has an 800 number you can call for help. The door speakers are 6.5 in both front and rear. I just replaced mine with JBL's in the front and Sony's in the back. I left the dash speakers as is since it would take removing the dash to upgrade them. I'm quite happy with the result.

So what speakers are in the doors? I noticed there are speakers in the top part of the dash as well.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If you can't use a tape measure then don't try to do this yourself. Pull speakers, measure, order, re-install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts