Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from far Odessa, Ukraine.
Recently bought Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 2011, KMHEC4A45BA007959. There are problems with acceleration that I can not solve. The car accelerates slowly, it feels like it's riding only on an electric motor, and the engine only charges the battery. A few minutes later the battery completely discharches and my car stops. I stand still and wait for the battery to charge. There are no errors in diagnosis. Dealers say that they can not do anything, because the car was produced only for the United States. Help, I do not know what to do next? Can anyone have a wiring diagram for this machine or does it have to be taught somehow?
I can shoot this issue on a camera if it helps/
Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a post with the same problem in this forum. You can try to find it.
Sonata hybrid in Ukraine? That's amazing.
You mean the next one under my post? Tried to look for another one - didn`t found.
Yes, a bit far from U.S.:grin2: Had a good start with Prius hybrid, but with the second one something went wrong//

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe someone knows what valve/solenoid in the tranny is responsible for connecting the power from the motor / electric motor?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was diagnosting today with scanner be myself. Again no troublecodes, but scanner says that clutch is slips. Any suggestions? Saw video today how does HSH clutch works, and it don`t looks similar to ordinary clutches, and it`s hard to believe that it"erased".

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Was diagnosting today with scanner be myself. Again no troublecodes, but scanner says that clutch is slips. Any suggestions? Saw video today how does HSH clutch works, and it don`t looks similar to ordinary clutches, and it`s hard to believe that it"erased".

OBD-II wont acess Hybrid modules,, OBD-II only good for engine and transmission..

Scanner should not say "clutch slips",, scanner should give a code in "Pxxxx" format, then we look up in real Hyundai language the proper definition for that code as to which circuit the module seen to be at fault..

There been a few past update for Hybrid, and couple newer update have come along. There is the original 7 module Vers 2 for Hybrid,, add 2 calibrates after install.. New update for HCU and transmission, and then calibrates done.

You ideally going to need Hyundai to do a complete FAULT CODE search of all the onboard modules, then proceed from there.. Forgot to mention, you have open 169 recall to add decals to previously inspected latches

Most recent ventures here been an engine replacement due to water ingestion, lock up solid,, ended up adding inhibit switch and electric oil pump for trans, and had to use GDS to start the engine because 277 battery too low,, almost too low, was borderline,, need above 15% to start via GDS, had 19%

Other Hybrid had 277 power relay fault,, took out the orange safety connector fuse also.. almost $1000 to replace relay and Safe connector

Had couple Hybrid that toss HSG belt already,, tensioner arm worn and twist, belt walk off make mess with water pump belt

Had 2 with insufficient coolant in Hybrid control cooling system (not main engine, Hybrid has 2 cooling system).. body shop repair on 1, didnt tell us it been wrecked,, 2nd was split resevoir, crust along seam of tank and debris-green stains on top of inverter

Reactions: phftw and PycJlaH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the answer, can I have a couple more clarifications?
OBD-II wont acess Hybrid modules,, OBD-II only good for engine and transmission..

Scanner should not say "clutch slips",, scanner should give a code in "Pxxxx" format, then we look up in real Hyundai language the proper definition for that code as to which circuit the module seen to be at fault..
As I said the registered errors the scanner does not give. There is a "data stream" where I can see the engine temperature, speed, valve throttling and so on. One of the parameters is the "clutch status", where the status "slips".
There been a few past update for Hybrid, and couple newer update have come along. There is the original 7 module Vers 2 for Hybrid,, add 2 calibrates after install.. New update for HCU and transmission, and then calibrates done.
You mean the firmware for the ECU, version 7.2, which is installed by the programmer, did I understand correctly?
Most recent ventures here been an engine replacement due to water ingestion, lock up solid,, ended up adding inhibit switch and electric oil pump for trans, and had to use GDS to start the engine because 277 battery too low,, almost too low, was borderline,, need above 15% to start via GDS, had 19%
I did not quite understand, maybe my English is not good enough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And two additional questions:
Whis what scanner i can acess hybrid modules?
And where i can get updates to programme the ECU?
Thank you!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Is this a USA car, or some other market,, as there is no location seen profile to show in box at left under your username..

If USA, take car to dealer, and have them do a "COMPLETE FAULT CODE SEARCH" of all the on-board modules, and print a copy for you, along with 1 for their records to attach to ticket for filing.

Version 2 software update is done using GDS, providing ROM qualify for update,, then again, it may already be installed.. since that update, an HCU update has come along, installed via GDS if module' ROM qualify it.. there is couple calibrates that need done after update,, HSG Resolver is one,, E/C calibrate is 2nd, and transmission Adaptive learn is 3rd.

EDIT - Claim history reflect Multi ECU done in 2011

None of this done outside dealer, as it all Hyundai supplied to dealer on GDS

If you find the coolant for HSG / Inverter to be severely low due to body shop failure or tank leak, then we need to fill and run a coolant pump procedure via GDS to bleed / fill cooling system for Hybrid side,, I usually run that 2 times (180 second run time each cycle)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some new info:
Made ECU upgrade to version 2, but then calibration of HSG resolver failed, it lasts for 10 seconds, there are some noises under the hood, then fail. Two dtc appear P0C17 and P1C76,which means that i need to do HSG resolver calibration. Thoughts why calibration failed?
Another moment is transmission data analysis: even if TPS is 100%, clutch stays open, clutch hydraulic pressure is only 80 psi and clutch valve voltage is 690Ma. Seems like the cluch tries to close, but something wrong with hydraulic system. Tomorrow will remove tranny..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
There is a post with the same problem in this forum. You can try to find it.
Sonata hybrid in Ukraine? That's amazing.
Funny how location is Ukraine,,,, VIN comes up as USA register,,, as I cannot access outside border VIN with my USA login

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Some new info:
Made ECU upgrade to version 2, but then calibration of HSG resolver failed, it lasts for 10 seconds, there are some noises under the hood, then fail. Two dtc appear P0C17 and P1C76,which means that i need to do HSG resolver calibration. Thoughts why calibration failed?
Another moment is transmission data analysis: even if TPS is 100%, clutch stays open, clutch hydraulic pressure is only 80 psi and clutch valve voltage is 690Ma. Seems like the cluch tries to close, but something wrong with hydraulic system. Tomorrow will remove tranny..

HEHEHEEEE,,, seen that pair a few time in past already,, repaired 1 with an inhibitor switch....

Second car got an inhibit switch ($39) first,, no go,, then replaced the electric oil pump ($600 ?) for the auto trans before it would allow calibrate..

Do the HSG calibrate 1st,, then the E/C calibrate,, and finish with transmission Adaptive Learn reset.

Reactions: phftw

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Funny how location is Ukraine,,,, VIN comes up as USA register,,, as I cannot access outside border VIN with my USA login

He imported an imported car? :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HEHEHEEEE,,, seen that pair a few time in past already,, repaired 1 with an inhibitor switch....

Second car got an inhibit switch ($39) first,, no go,, then replaced the electric oil pump ($600 ?) for the auto trans before it would allow calibrate..

Do the HSG calibrate 1st,, then the E/C calibrate,, and finish with transmission Adaptive Learn reset.
What is an inhibitor/inhibit switch?maybe you have picture of it or URL for better understanding?
Thanx

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
What is an inhibitor/inhibit switch?maybe you have picture of it or URL for better understanding?
Thanx
Won't let the car start if it is in gear, or if the clutch is not depressed.

·
Registered
576 Posts
sbr711, I'd like you to know how much I appreciate your active participation here even though you do not own the car. It's very clear that you are a true professional in every sense of the word. Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello to everyone! 6 month gone, but my sonata still in repair, luv Hyundai) won't write here everything what we've done, only main, we've changed all in gearbox, electric motor and the last clutch solenoid. And eventually my car is running now, but not everything is smooth ..
Now I have DTC p1777, it appears everytime I'm pushing full throttle. If I accelerate slowly, there is no problem. I've done all test from Hyundai bulletin, all ok.
If you have any suggestions, I'll be grateful, thnx.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
P1777's I have had,,, replace the electric oil pump...

Quick inspect,, remove bottom end cap from oil pump,, inspect center pump gear on the motor shaft,, I find the center pump rotor will rotate on shaft,, not solid to shaft...... when electric motor runs to make oil flow/pressure, the shaft spins,, but oil pump dont operate

I have pics here somewhere showing oil pump opened up with reference mark to show spin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts