Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I went to go unlock my sonata this morning with my remote, nothing happened. I manually unlocked the car with the key, got in it and started it up. Once started, the gear shift was stuck in park. I was able to manually release it to get it into drive, but the car shows multiple issues now:

1) driver side window button wont work (all other windows do)
2) the turn signal indicators wont flash on my dashboard (no clicking eihter, but the lights work)
3) My wipers dont work except for the low mode, and when I shut the wipers off they dont go back to resting position!
4) key wont lock or unlock via remote.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,789 Posts
What year and model is the car?
1st thing and easiest is replace the remote key fob battery and try again. Ive never heard of all of those unrelated problems together but usually the main reason a car remote stops working is battery, especially if it is a keyless start

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,180 Posts
The first thing I'd do is check ALL the fuses.

The easiest way to do that is to touch the probe of a voltmeter to the two little metal tabs on top of each fuse. Make sure you get the same voltage reading on each side of the fuse. If you have 12V on one side and something different on the other, that fuse is blown. You should be able to test every fuse on the car in 5~10mins doing that way rather than pulling each one out and looking.

·
Registered
333 Posts
mlema11,

You should update your profile to show Year and Trim of you Sonata, and Location...

Weird behavior like you describe could be a voltage / battery issue. I saw weird-ness on my old Explorer when the battery started dropping in Voltage. Would not think it's you key fob since all the other issues would not be related to that.

If your car has less than 50K and it's not the battery you should have the dealer fix. I know the dealer quoted me Like 185 for a Interstate AGM replacement. (Don't need it yet, just wanted to establish a base line). Shop around for Battery prices if that is the issue.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your input. I tried my spare when I got home and no change. It is a 2016, I have 25K on it!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,180 Posts
You're better off talking to a mechanic or dealership. You're wasting your time asking for help here.
Oh, I don't know about that. I've managed to help a few folk on the forum fix faults that their dealer couldn't couldn't diagnose.

Here is one example that springs to mind : Emissions Machine No Comms

·
Registered
406 Posts
My initial guess would be a faulty under hood battery as well. Definitely sounds like an issue with inadequate voltage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will keep you all posted... I checked all fuses. I have a feeling that the alarm system messed things up; or under hood battery is going. Anyway I am taking it into the dealership and will post here when it gets resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I went to go unlock my sonata this morning with my remote, nothing happened. I manually unlocked the car with the key, got in it and started it up. Once started, the gear shift was stuck in park. I was able to manually release it to get it into drive, but the car shows multiple issues now:

1) driver side window button wont work (all other windows do)
2) the turn signal indicators wont flash on my dashboard (no clicking eihter, but the lights work)
3) My wipers dont work except for the low mode, and when I shut the wipers off they dont go back to resting position!
4) key wont lock or unlock via remote.

Thanks for your help!
Hi! I am having this exact issue. Did the dealership determine the cause?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts