Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

i just purchased a new 2014 santa fe sport, i want to install the headlight strip but i dont know how to open the headlight cover so that i can install it. it would be really helpful if someone can upload a video tutorial. thank you so much

·
Registered
171 Posts
hello all,

i just purchased a new 2014 santa fe sport, i want to install the headlight strip but i dont know how to open the headlight cover so that i can install it. it would be really helpful if someone can upload a video tutorial. thank you so much
Are you talking about spliting the headlights in 2 so your can install the led strip on the inside?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i mean take out the caps of the headlight (i might not explain it well but it is the cover that covers the headlight if you look straight to the front of the car) so i can install it on the edge of the headlight

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe I'm not fully understanding (caps?) Can you post a pic and point to what you are talking about caps? Only caps I am aware of are located on the backside of the headlight. Sorry for the confusion I'm just trying to help you out :)
Thanks Justin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the forum would not let me post picture. can i send u email?

i want to take off the cover so that can install the led strip on the silver edge beside the headlight bulb.

thank you so much for helping

·
Banned
532 Posts
Dremel, Sawzall, silicone more silicone. Go to the dealers parts shop for new housings.

Don't do it! You've got brand new car enjoy it for a while.

·
Registered
171 Posts
fxeliminate: jdgorsky is correct the only way to open up the headlight is to either over bake it to soften the silicone glue so you can crack open the headlight. Or you can use a dremel but highly advise you not to do because your cutting it open vs: taking it apart just like it was put together. I personally wouldn't mess with it :) but thats up to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts