Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is up for inspection (wahoo!), and I need a few minor parts.

First off, I need side marker lights for the front and back (left). I can find the reflector thing easily online, however I'm reading that I need to use a front one for the back since they're harder to find, no biggie. The thing I can't find - I need the light socket itself that holds the bulb. It's for the front left marker. Is that a generic thing or is it specific? What should I do?

From there I need the bulbs for those markers. Also need the small bulbs right next to the headlights. And then the bulbs over the rear plate. All these are probably easy enough with a trip to a Strauss or something.

Please help! Thanks for any info on any of this!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
unless its changed in the last year since i replaced mine, it's a dealer only part (i am in canada, so cut me some slack if its different in the US) but not expensive. it was $15 for me.

any reason you're not calling them for a part number to begin with? seems like a no-brainer to me.

·
22,793 Posts
When it warms up, go traipsing thru the local salvage yards for stuff like this if the need ever comes up, again.. But time is not on your side at the moment due to that upcoming inspection. Call the dealer. Rummaging thru a salvage yard is like a kid being turned loose in a candy store. Ideas abound.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When it warms up, go traipsing thru the local salvage yards for stuff like this if the need ever comes up, again.. But time is not on your side at the moment due to that upcoming inspection. Call the dealer. Rummaging thru a salvage yard is like a kid being turned loose in a candy store. Ideas abound.
I like that idea too but I gotta tell you the last few times I've been to salvage yards they are practically charging retail for old rusty sometimes damaged junk. Kinda baffling but they get it.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
You should be able t buy new pigtails at an auto parts store for the various size bulbs. Then just splice it in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts