Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm planning to install these headlights:

New Style Black Projector Headlights w Illuminate Bar for 2011 2013 Elantra | eBay

The question I have is (and forgive the newb question, never messed with headlights) will these projectors require an HID kit? I would like to get bright white lights, but I was thinking of just going with the regular halogen style from Sylvania or something. Also, will these lights require any extra wiring for the white "bar" light? Will the white bar be the lights that are on while I'm driving? I guess they are called "DRL"? (again, never messed with head lights)

I'm also thinking about getting the LED fog light covers that a few people have here. My question with those is basically the same... can I get halogen bulbs and will these LED lights be on when I turn on my fog lights?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought a set of aftermarket headlights for my last car, they also said the came ready to plug and play, however that is a lie and most of the connections needed to be soldered. These look like they're complete and are indeed "plug&play" going off the pictures.

The lights you have there don't "require" an HID kit but if you're upgrading just for the projector lenses, why not? The ad says bulbs are included, H11 for lowbeams and H1 for High/DRL but you can replace them with whatever brand you desire..

And I'm assuming the DRL LED bar will turn on with your parking lights.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read numerous posts from people complaining of problems with their alternator/battery after upgrading to HID kits as well as a lot of issues with flickering and what not. As to the alternator/battery issue... I already have a high powered audio system with 2 amps hooked up and if the lights alone cause a problem, then I'm definitely on trouble if I add them. I also don't want to have to splice into any wires to hook them up which I think is also necessary?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I bought a set of aftermarket headlights for my last car, they also said the came ready to plug and play, however that is a lie and most of the connections needed to be soldered. These look like they're complete and are indeed "plug&play" going off the pictures.

The lights you have there don't "require" an HID kit but if you're upgrading just for the projector lenses, why not? The ad says bulbs are included, H11 for lowbeams and H1 for High/DRL but you can replace them with whatever brand you desire..

And I'm assuming the DRL LED bar will turn on with your parking lights.
Ok, so I'm planning to install these headlights:

New Style Black Projector Headlights w Illuminate Bar for 2011 2013 Elantra | eBay

The question I have is (and forgive the newb question, never messed with headlights) will these projectors require an HID kit? I would like to get bright white lights, but I was thinking of just going with the regular halogen style from Sylvania or something. Also, will these lights require any extra wiring for the white "bar" light? Will the white bar be the lights that are on while I'm driving? I guess they are called "DRL"? (again, never messed with head lights)

I'm also thinking about getting the LED fog light covers that a few people have here. My question with those is basically the same... can I get halogen bulbs and will these LED lights be on when I turn on my fog lights?
guys, why you wont buy normal KDM projectors? You get what you pay for.

Good headlights, wont require any wiring etc....it would be plug-in-play.

Regarding to this one, based on their pix it will not require any wiring, etc...You remove the stock and put that one. The LED is taped to the parking lights, so no worries...at least that is how normal headlights work...:D

Also, about HIDs, there are tons of threads about HIDs. Check them out. NOTE: any chinese cheap headlights wont come with any bulbs, therefore make sure you will get bulbs and before buying headlights, ask what type of bulb it uses...!!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KDM projectors? I searched eBay and saw a ton of results but not all of them said KDM. What's the difference and why do recommend them?

·
Registered
439 Posts
KDM projectors? I searched eBay and saw a ton of results but not all of them said KDM. What's the difference and why do recommend them?
as I know, there are 2 types of headlights made in korea for avante md. One is the stock HID/halogen projector headlights, cost between 600-1200/set. Another one is aftermarket headlights (only halogen h7 as I remember, no HID) which you can get from korea I assume only.I got mine 2 years ago and personally I like the stock HIDs...thats it.Any good supplier of KDM accessories will sale it to you for around 600-700/set.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And how about the LED fog light covers? Do these require any extra wiring and do these turn on with my fog lights or with my DRL or what?

·
Registered
439 Posts
And how about the LED fog light covers? Do these require any extra wiring and do these turn on with my fog lights or with my DRL or what?
no, You will need just connect their wires to parking lights or whatever you want to use them with...quite simple and fast. at least I tapped them with my parking lights.It looks amazing from outside....every day I see how people cracking their necks when I drive by them....:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts