Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Secondhand 2002 hyundai accent 5 speed manual, 197,000 miles and burns a little oil on long drives. So driving today in -42°F weather and my clutch got stuck to the floor, I let off and it didnt come back up. Came back up after a good few seconds and then boom it stopped working. Clutch goes to the floor with no resistance and I couldnt get it to go into gear so I pulled over to the side of the road. I took a look but I dont know what I'm looking at, and theres fresh oil coming out of my exhaust. Got it on a tow truck miraculously, but when they dropped it off at home it now won't start and is stuck in the reverse gear no matter what I do. Fluids are all good and I'm not sure what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You have a hydraulic clutch system. The pedal pushes fluid out of a master cylinder through a line to a slave cylinder on the side of the transmission bell housing. The slave cylinder moves the clutch fork which releases the clutch. Some experience with hydraulic brakes would be helpful. Sounds like you have a leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts