Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I can, or know where I can find a DIY on how to, get behind my instrument panel and change the bulbs? I wanna put some blue LED's back there to replace those sickly green ones. Also, is it possible to change the console lights? I want them all to be blue so they match my stereo. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
No bulbs, the sickly green ones are already LED's.  You'll have to desolder the existing surface mount led's and solder on new ones.  No howto for this around here since the potential to do serious damage to your cluster exists (and thus losing your odometer if the cluster is damaged, and risking warranty issues.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang. Guess I'm stuck with the green. Thanks for stopping me from doing extensive damage to my car. lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
It's possible to change 'em, it's just that you have to be very careful, have a really steady hand and be skilled at working with microscopic soldering projects. :grin:

LePapirrikY has changed his out with blue ones, they look pretty good.

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (failedsensez @ Jun 26 2010, 11:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336332
Anyone know how I can, or know where I can find a DIY on how to, get behind my instrument panel and change the bulbs? I wanna put some blue LED's back there to replace those sickly green ones. Also, is it possible to change the console lights? I want them all to be blue so they match my stereo. :grin:
nate did it on he's 3-door accent ...... made them all purple he said he just changed the bulbs !!!!!!!! i'll get some more info from him

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Jul 4 2010, 04:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338693
nate did it on he's 3-door accent ...... made them all purple he said he just changed the bulbs !!!!!!!! i'll get some more info from him
The entirety of the Accent 3G are LED clusters, I do believe. Bulbs are different than diodes. Our cars have diodes, unless Nate's car was half-built in the 1990s.

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
Only incandescent bulbs on the dash of this car:

Check engine, oil pressure, and air bag warning lights.  A/T shift indicator on the console.  That's it, everything else LED's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts