Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time buyer and I am interested in the hyundai accent. However,
so many people are telling me that hyundai's are bad cars and that they don't last long (and I am in it for the long haul). Can Anyone tell me the pro's and con's. i figure since you're owners, you would be the better to listen to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! joshua Did the people give you any reasons for their skepticism or was it
just generic propaganda? Bad reputations are hard to shake, but I think
Hyundai is definitely moving in the right direction. Read around this
forum and on the Web and you'll see that a clear sense of optimism
surrounds this particular model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 95 accent with 170k on it .... bought it new in 95 and it has been the best car i have ever owned hands down . it still has original clutch and back brakes even , i have never had to do any major repairs on it and the ac still blows cold .. for the money i don't think that can be beat at this time . but if you can i would move up 1 class to the elantra it is a much more refined car and the sedan is about the same price as a well equiped accent ..

Originally posted by joshua@Jul 23 2004, 09:45 AM
I'm a first time buyer and I am interested in the hyundai accent. However,
so many people are telling me that hyundai's are bad cars and that they don't last long (and I am in it for the long haul). Can Anyone tell me the pro's and con's. i figure since you're owners, you would be the better to listen to.
[snapback]279[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking at buying a 2000 Accent GSI in Canada for approximately 10,000 Canadian with 53000Kms, 5 speed sunrood alloy wheels spoiler, brand new cd player. Are they good cars and is that a decent deal
Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hyundai products have come along way in the past 10 years. In the US they have overcome the reputation of earlier products and are considered a good value for themoney

·
Registered
131 Posts
I own a 95 accent with 170k on it .... bought it new in 95 and it has been the best car i have ever owned hands down . it still has original clutch and back brakes even , i have never had to do any major repairs on it and the ac still blows cold .. for the money i don't think that can be beat at this time . but if you can i would move up 1 class to the elantra it is a much more refined car and the sedan is about the same price as a well equiped accent ..

That's great Junive!

so in almost 10 years and making 170.000 km You only made standard maintenance on Your car. Amazing!

My Accent is now 3 monts old and hope will have the same reliability than Your one. Any advise, what should I specially take care of, in regards to maintenance?

Thanks and regards, Attila

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have had my accent for over 2 and a half years and it has been great. I have only had to get standard maintanence done so far. I have had to replace the front brake pads and I did have to have the rotors replaced because of warpage, but otherwise the mechanics of the car is great. Compared to other low priced cars, especially American cars, the car is a much better buy. The only problem that I have is that there is very little available for customizing the accent. I have wanted to get a body kit and upgrade the engine but there is so little available and those things that are available are terribly expensive. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
quality of interior is not as high as toyota

engine very good but not peppy

talked to severalowners with 200 000 km

and some with 300,000 still happy with the car

not a good car for a lead footer at all

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Joshua.......see my reply to Buubox in this section, for info on how to ensure long life from your engine!.

Nick. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm quite happy with my Accent - had it just over a year now.

One thing I feel I must say to potential buyers is don't judge the car by this forum - as the majority of the posts here will be problems, not praise ... mainly because posting praise is a bit pointless, but asking how to fix a problem isnt...

I think I said what I ment to say there but got a bit confused towards the end :laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts