Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for help diagnosing the problems below.

Need suggestions after checking the interior fuses such as diodes, hood fuses or other common causes.

1. Guages "CLUSTER" panel light went out recently, confirmed its not dimmed.

2. Passenger heated seat, happend last year, button doesn't light up

3. 12v power in arm rest, a while ago... not working at all.

4. 12v "Cigarette lighter" this still works but if used at high load (12v inflator) it will cut out after 1-2 mins and not work for about 15 mind

·
Registered
47 Posts
1. All the cluster bulbs at once or just some? If its all then probably a fuse related to the other problems, if some then need bulbs

2. Obviously check fuses, but alot of times the grid inside the seat gets a burnt spot. You can pull the seat apart and repair it or get a new seat heater or a used seat/bottom

3. Check fuses! Get your multimeter out and check every fuse in the fuse boxes, inside the car and the one in the engine compartment, you can check all the fuses in like 30 seconds, you don't even have to pull them!

4. See 3

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. All the cluster bulbs at once or just some? If its all then probably a fuse related to the other problems, if some then need bulbs

2. Obviously check fuses, but alot of times the grid inside the seat gets a burnt spot. You can pull the seat apart and repair it or get a new seat heater or a used seat/bottom

3. Check fuses! Get your multimeter out and check every fuse in the fuse boxes, inside the car and the one in the engine compartment, you can check all the fuses in like 30 seconds, you don't even have to pull them!

4. See 3

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
1. Yes all cluster lights went out at the same time.

3&4 checked all fuses in dash, all are good... looking for help on what to check in the engine fuse box or next steps.

·
Registered
897 Posts
OK, for the cluster try this as it happened to mine. Remove the fuse panel cover on left of dash. Push out the whole switch panel with ESC off and Dimmer control. Unclip and pull out the dimmer switch control. As soon as mine was part way out, everything worked. bad connection somewhere in mine. I tried unplug, replug etc and something with angle/pressure of the harness on switch would make it go out if clipped in.

I was going to order a new switch, and/or check solder on the one I have. Then all my motor issues came up. As long as the switch was out it all worked.

For the heated seat it might be the bulb in the switch, not sure if you can replace the bulb (in Honda's you can).

Power outlets often have a circuit breaker to shut down like that. Get a different compressor or GET ONE OF THESE so your high load pulls right from battery.

If you start having more electrical issues consider redoing your ground attachment point. It's like 1 bolt that grounds the whole car attached on a painted surface that corrodes. My son's KIA started having multiple draw issues, lights flickering, horn intermittent, radio reset, heater fan. His groud cable was fuzzy and green inside insulation and his bolt was so rusted it snapped trying to remove it. We drilled and retapped it, and even with fuzzy cable all was good. We changed cable anyway but it was 4 days ordering from KIA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts