Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some a hole hit me in a parking lot and now i need a new fender, if anyone has a deepwater blue fender the right side in there local yard please let me know. I have searched car-parts.com and haven't found anything, im located in Memphis TN thanks

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
eBay has a few also -

Primered - not painted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FENDER-PRIMERED-ST...=item5641472b52

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FENDER-STEEL-PRIME...=item20b58ffbe8

Painted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-10-Hyundai-Sonata...=item19c17f26b8 - Cannot tell the exact color, could be DWB, maybe seller has other painted fenders in DWB

Painted and cleared to match original paintcode:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-06-OEM-Hyundai-So...h=item1dea156fd

As expected the price increases as you move down the above list.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am under the impression that when you paint a panel on a vehicle that you need to blend? especially for metallic paint like my car has.... can anyone shed some light on this if not i would just take a primed fender to a body shop to paint then i would put it on my self. I keep hearing they need to blend part of the hood/door so it wont look off? any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm sort of a in the same situation after my wife got into a fender bender. The front fender has a hole it in. I already replaced the reinforcement bar so the right half of the bumper is sticking out. I've been planning on just buying a new fender cheap online then taking it to a body shop to get it painted since its already to go for the paint.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so whats the best route should i take off the bad fender and take the new fender in with the vehicle or install the primed fender on the vehicle, cause i hear they then have to take the new one back off to spray it

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (zsonata @ Dec 8 2010, 08:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377875
i am under the impression that when you paint a panel on a vehicle that you need to blend? especially for metallic paint like my car has.... can anyone shed some light on this if not i would just take a primed fender to a body shop to paint then i would put it on my self. I keep hearing they need to blend part of the hood/door so it wont look off? any help is appreciated!
I've heard this as well and when I had repairs done to our silver metallic Saturn, the repair shop told me they would blend the new paint with the old. I could not tell that any repairs had been performed on my vehicle once they completed repairs. Even under varying light conditions, the new paint job matched the old paint job perfectly. However I would think that if they properly match the paintcode, then the majority of paint issues go away, blending or no blending, but I'm not an expert.

QUOTE (zsonata @ Dec 8 2010, 09:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378137
so whats the best route should i take off the bad fender and take the new fender in with the vehicle or install the primed fender on the vehicle, cause i hear they then have to take the new one back off to spray it
Why not leave the old fender on and take the new fender with you to the shop and let them handle the switch. Since they have to take fender off anyway, no additional labor should be incurred. The only way you could potentially save some labor is to take old fender off and drive to shop without any fender on vehicle.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very true i will probably end up doing that.. just driving up there with no fender and have the primed fender in the back seat they can spray it in the booth and hang it on the car and blend......... anyone have any more comments on the BLENDING?????

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone have a deep water blue fender right hand side in their area......... paint code P1. im in the memphis area will pay for all costs shipping etc and whatever extra you want!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts