Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new here.

i bought an 07 Westward Go-4 Interceptor off eBay and the guy i got it from is a complete hack. he takes parts from a ton of these things to make a whole vehicle, then sells em.

anyway, after a whole paint ordeal (dont ask) i pick it up, only to discover that driving it for 10 minutes the trans wont engage. i pull over, and the dip stick is so hot it burns me and the "oil" on it looks like mud, thick brown with chunks. pretty sure the clutch is FRIED.

i can drive it short distances with a whine from time to time, but once it gets warm it stops meshing again. and i mean a few blocks short.

so now, i think i have to get a new clutch (at least) but i have no idea how to work on it (i could with a manual).

does anyone have ANY ideas?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
does anyone have ANY ideas?
Take it back, have the seller bend over his work bench......then take that hot dipstick.......:eek:

Honestly, if you KNEW how he operates, why would you ever get any vehicle from him ????

You could always try a drain and refill on the transmission oil a couple of times but I wouldn't hope for much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it back, have the seller bend over his work bench......then take that hot dipstick.......:eek:

Honestly, if you KNEW how he operates, why would you ever get any vehicle from him ????
wish i could. hes in NY,im in SC. i didnt find out about how he did **** until AFTER i got it here and looked it over. i bought it, sent the money, paid a shipper to bring it and its been mine for a while now.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
sent the money, paid a shipper to bring it and its been mine for a while now.
Sight unseen ???

Won't comment on that further as it might be interpreted as rude, not friendly or otherwise not helpful. ;)

I can't offer much more.....except maybe have a transmission shop look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts