Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2001 xg300 a yr ago and knew it had problems from the dealership.. it has a very rough idle bout 2500rpm.. especially when the ac is on it kicks up to about 3000.. I hit in drive and the car will idle so high it takes off like a bat out of.. The car has even stalled while driving down the road, more than once, and shuts off.. the car also smokes till it's warmed up, but smells rich like gas.. (My Husband Thinks The Smoking Is Head Gasket??)

my husband hooked his computer up to the car, and it threw a code about 02 sensor, and another about system to lean.. We took it to the mechanic after changing the 02 sensor, cause it still had the same problems.. The mechanic charged me $60 to run his computer and tell me the same thing and that we needed a throttle positioning sensor.. I want to sell the car, cause I just bought a charger, but I'm having a hard time selling it as is.. I need to diagnose the real problems and get the car fixed.. Could it be the egr valve taking a? the throttle positioning sensor? need a new motor? Please help.. I've ran duralube, injector cleaner, engine restore, changed fuel pump, and air filter.. All comments are greatly appreciated...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts