Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm bout to put my exhaust on already got my Megan header on. But I'm kinda skeptical because my car is under warranty still. Should I wait till its over then put it on? Because I don't wanna have to take everything on if something happens to the car? Need advice thank u

·
Registered
391 Posts
it seems like a highly personal decision. But it seems that you already took the plunge by installing the header.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I could always go back to stock like nothing happened lol

·
Registered
660 Posts
Since you already did the header, you might as well go the rest of the way. This is one of the first mods that many people do. It is very unlikely that it will cause a warranty issue. Since you are letting air move out of the combustion chambers quicker, if you haven't already done so, you should install a CAI to increase the airflow into the combustion chamber. If you have issues with sensors like Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) or Oxygen Sensor (O2) sensor, don't expect the dealer to cover them under warranty though.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
putting in a performance part will not void your warranty on its own. that being said, the warranty obviously is not going to cover those new parts. the only important thing to know is any damage or failure caused by the installed part(s) will not be covered under warranty.

so if your exhaust blows up the engine (ha!) then you'd be on the hook for a new one.

since you're concerned about warranty and live in the US i'd suggest you google up the magnusen-moss warranty act. wish we had that here.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
well since you live in Orange County CA I assume you are going to get awfully familiar with swapping your exhaust every time you need your car inspected? or am I wrong?

i hope you got the O2 sensor issues sorted with the header. aside from the CEL the car will run rich as **** and run way more inefficiently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts