Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I was finishing up the financing portion of my new Sonata SE, the guy pushed extremely hard for their Gold Extended Warranty

He claimed they never sold a single car without it. Also said the original warranty wasn't that good and only covered non moving parts. I managed to haggle a bit and get 2 years of oil changes and maintenance discounts, but I'm not happy with the way this ended. It costs a bit over ~230 a year I believe. *edit - Oh yeah he also claimed I couldn't get this warranty after I purchased the car. Seems pretty shady to me.

I have 60 days to cancel and was wondering whether I should and what the process is to end it. :liebe011:

·
Registered
854 Posts
CANCEL IT!

I was in the same situation, they even forged my signature. I'm in the process of getting a refund. You don't need it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
cancel it...biggest trick in the book.

you have up to 60k 5 years bumper to bumper and up to 100k 10 years for drive train. It's a hyundai, not a european german car. it will last you long time.

QUOTE (ijoe @ Aug 10 2010, 10:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348404
So when I was finishing up the financing portion of my new Sonata SE, the guy pushed extremely hard for their Gold Plus Extended Warranty

He claimed they never sold a single car without it. Also said the original warranty wasn't that good and only covered non moving parts. I managed to haggle a bit and get 2 years of oil changes and maintenance discounts, but I'm not happy with the way this ended. It costs a bit over ~230 a year I believe. *edit - Oh yeah he also claimed I couldn't get this warranty after I purchased the car. Seems pretty shady to me.

I have 60 days to cancel and was wondering whether I should and what the process is to end it. :liebe011:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I definitely should cancel? Would I have to go back to the dealership to do it, or is there a number I can call?

God, I HATE buying a car. The salesman is easy to deal with. The real struggle comes in the financing. :wallbash:

I had to fight tooth and nail to get my 2.9%

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (ijoe @ Aug 10 2010, 11:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348410
So I definitely should cancel? Would I have to go back to the dealership to do it, or is there a number I can call?

God, I HATE buying a car. The salesman is easy to deal with. The real struggle comes in the financing. :wallbash:

I had to fight tooth and nail to get my 2.9%
Yes there is a form at the dealership you have to sign, a cancellation form. Did you get any paperwork for your extended warranty? I didn't get all my paperwork, but if you have the extended warranty there is a number on there that you can call if the dealership doesn't comply. Most likely it's with fidelity a third party extended warranty program that apparently doesn't cover stuff when you really might need it!

I was told I had to get it to in order to get 3.9% apr which is BS. First time buying a new car so they got me. Thanks to this forum I went in and demanded a refund! took me two tries, glad i went in the second time to talk to somebody else. Make sure you talk to somebody other than who signed your deal. Try to talk to a GM.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
If you don't want it, cancel it. However I suspect they are not going to make it easy on you so make sure you decide quick to make sure you dont miss any possible deadlines.

Why did you have to fight to get your 2.9% That within itself seems pretty shady.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The finance lady at my dealership actually didn't push too hard but did say that if I was interested in it, make sure I came back before 10k was up and buy it then - you'll end up with 110k of coverage! I thought that was pretty nice so may yet take them up on it...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So nobody thinks these Warranties are a good idea to get?

I'm mainly **** the **** off because they guy told me I couldn't sign up for the warranty after I purchased the car. That and I think I got overcharged.

I went to this site which offers the official Hyundai warranty Linkeroo and it ended up being cheaper than what I got it for.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (ijoe @ Aug 10 2010, 01:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348442
So nobody thinks these Warranties are a good idea to get?

I'm mainly **** the **** off because they guy told me I couldn't sign up for the warranty after I purchased the car. That and I think I got overcharged.

I went to this site which offers the official Hyundai warranty Linkeroo and it ended up being cheaper than what I got it for.
I got it. I was given a "decent" (value and price is a personal thing) value for it and it wasn't pushed at all. Being a first run car with a bunch of techno doo-dads I wanted piece of mind. I ended up with the Plat version. I was also told that I have until 10K to buy and its the "going" price at the time I purchase. If Hyundai raised the price, it would be reflected. If Hyundai lowers the price, it would also be reflected.

You dealer is DEFINITELY *aheming* you. I would call Hyundai Corp and tell them what happened and tell them you want a refund and repurchase. If they don't let you repurchase, then just refund.

Edit: I just went to that link and I paid even LESS than that. I am feeling GREAT about my dealership now!

doubt: Now I have to make sure I got what I thought I paid for! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I definitely got swindled. The guy must have gave me the Platinum at the very least. We were discussing the regular Gold. Theres absolutely no way on earth it could have come up to around $2500 extra. He just kept it hidden by talking a yearly small fee and taking advantage of the fact it was getting late and I was at the dealership for 4 hours. That and telling me I couldn't purchase it after I already brought the vehicle was a straight up lie.

I'm glad you got a great deal on your warranty! Make sure you use the coupon AC5 on the website to see the actual discounted price.

What he signed me up for and what I agreed to were 2 different things. ! I'm definitely writing up a horrible review for this dealership.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (ijoe @ Aug 10 2010, 02:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348447
Yeah I definitely got swindled. The guy must have gave me the Platinum at the very least. We were discussing the regular Gold. Theres absolutely no way on earth it could have come up to around $2500 extra. He just kept it hidden by talking a yearly small fee and taking advantage of the fact it was getting late and I was at the dealership for 4 hours. That and telling me I couldn't purchase it after I already brought the vehicle was a straight up lie.

I'm glad you got a great deal on your warranty! Make sure you use the coupon AC5 on the website to see the actual discounted price.

What he signed me up for and what I agreed to were 2 different things. ! I'm definitely writing up a horrible review for this dealership.

Yup, AC5 was the coupon code. Didn't mean to rub in the pricing, that was crass, so sorry about that. Was just surprised at the "outside" offering based on what I paid at my dealer.

But your link is making me go check my paper work and compare to make sure I paid for what I though I paid for.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I am wondering if future buyer might find this helpful.

I have the contract for my ext war in front of me. Its the contract I signed to accept/pay for the coverage.

In the middle of the contract, 1 line where you sign to the right of your contact phone number there is a BOLD printed statement indicating stating:

"YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE PURCHASE OF THE SERVICE CONTRACT IS NOT REQUIRED IN ORDER TO OBTAIN OR TO PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE AND HAS A STANDARD $100 DEDUCTIBLE".

In the middle box, left side there are seven lines from 1 - 10 years with different mileages. Lowest being 1 year 12000. Largest being 10 years 100K. To the RIGHT of this same box is the Coverage Selected box that has five options, POWERTRAIN, SILVER, GOLD, GOLD PLUS, PLATINUM. Under the coverage box and still to the right of the Term/Mileage box is the DEDUCTIBLE Selected box with the options $0, $50, $100, $250.

If you are handed any other document and does not have this basic information on it, you are not signing the Hyundai Corp document.

I will try to scan my document and blank out the personal info.

I think this might help people realize which dealers are scamming as its right on the official document that you dont have to buy this warranty to get the car or specific financing.

EDIT: I have the document in my "attachments" on this forum, but I cant seem to attach a dynamic photo.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Aug 10 2010, 03:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348466
"YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE PURCHASE OF THE SERVICE CONTRACT IS NOT REQUIRED IN ORDER TO OBTAIN OR TO PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE AND HAS A STANDARD $100 DEDUCTIBLE".

In the middle box, left side there are seven lines from 1 - 10 years with different mileages. Lowest being 1 year 12000. Largest being 10 years 100K. To the RIGHT of this same box is the Coverage Selected box that has five options, POWERTRAIN, SILVER, GOLD, GOLD PLUS, PLATINUM. Under the coverage box and still to the right of the Term/Mileage box is the DEDUCTIBLE Selected box with the options $0, $50, $100, $250.

If you are handed any other document and does not have this basic information on it, you are not signing the Hyundai Corp document.

I will try to scan my document and blank out the personal info.

I think this might help people realize which dealers are scamming as its right on the official document that you dont have to buy this warranty to get the car or specific financing.
This is the paper the dealer forged my signature on, the paper I did not see until I went into the dealership a second time after my purchase. I'm sure they know if I saw that paper their lies would of became very clear! Called them up today and the finance guy that worked on my deal no longer works there. I'm going to ask next time I call why he doesn't work there. I hope he got what he deserved!

·
Registered
486 Posts
>>>Called them up today and the finance guy that worked on my deal no longer works there.>>>>

But more than likely, it is just his multiple day rotation off and this too is part of the continuing story to try to fool you? Drop in at several diferent times over the next week or so, and I'll bet he'll still be there. Cancel your contract if this is what you want. Good Luck .

·
Registered
20 Posts
got my car this week - finance manager offered 10yr b2b warranty for $950 - said nearly everyone takes it because the hyundai b2b ends at 36k and then only some things are covered until 50k and then only tranny and engine until 100k

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (mosesmal3165 @ Aug 11 2010, 06:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348605
got my car this week - finance manager offered 10yr b2b warranty for $950 - said nearly everyone takes it because the hyundai b2b ends at 36k and then only some things are covered until 50k and then only tranny and engine until 100k
Pretty much an accurate statement. But make sure you review the INCLUDED parts, or in the case of the platinum, the NOT INCLUDED parts.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (mosesmal3165 @ Aug 11 2010, 05:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348605
I thought the Bumper to bumper warranty was 5 years 60k miles and the drive train was 10 years 100k?

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Aug 11 2010, 01:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348584
>>>Called them up today and the finance guy that worked on my deal no longer works there.>>>>

But more than likely, it is just his multiple day rotation off and this too is part of the continuing story to try to fool you? Drop in at several diferent times over the next week or so, and I'll bet he'll still be there. Cancel your contract if this is what you want. Good Luck .
I highly doubt it. I talked to the receptionist anonymously and never told her why I was calling. There would be no reason for her to lie to me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I went into my Hyundai dealership to cancel my warranty and after expressing my displeasure, they claimed that they couldn't do anything without a "warranty card" that would get mailed to me. Its only a few days till a month of ownership and I still haven't received anything.

This is really fishy. Anyone have any advice? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (ijoe @ Aug 23 2010, 11:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351325
So I went into my Hyundai dealership to cancel my warranty and after expressing my displeasure, they claimed that they couldn't do anything without a "warranty card" that would get mailed to me. Its only a few days till a month of ownership and I still haven't received anything.

This is really fishy. Anyone have any advice? Much appreciated.
I have a signed piece of paper (see my attachments) that is my "warranty card". I was told eventually I would be mailed something but they should be able to cancel without that card. I would be calling Corporate, not your dealer at this point. Like I said in my previous post, they (your dealer) are not going to make it easy on you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts