I NEED A MORE DEPENDABLE CAR! I am a single mom living paycheck to paycheck. I have a 2016 Sonata SE 2.4L that I absolutely love minus the oil consumption and FREQUENT spark plug changes, see my discussions for details. Would love another Sonata, but scared of having same issues. I have $ for a down payment & would prefer to stick to certified used cars w/low mileage. A lot of you guys know about cars & I would love your opinion on what to look at. My list in order of what I'm looking for: SAFETY is a given.
- Low cost (trying to keep it under 20-22K) and low mileage. I'm upside down on my Sonata, have 7K for down payment.
- Reliability/low maintenance cost for up keep.
- Luxury - quality of interior materials. After my Sonata, I don't know if I want a car that feels like its cheaply made.
- Convenience-All the usual things that would come standard on a Sonata. I don't really need all the newer stuff, like alerts for drifting, passing cars, etc. But power windows and locks, intermittent wipers, backup camera, a decent sound system (just decent is fine) - all the usual.
- Engine power- I had a rental after a fender bender a couple years ago and it felt like it wouldn't "go" after being used to my car. I don't need a Sport model of anything - I imagine the insurance is higher, single mom remember?