Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a hyundai sonata 2011 limited car with navigation, I wish to buy nav with it, and I check with different dealers in my area, but none of the have limited with nav, and I end up in buying the car without nav. But I want to install nav in the car, andI don't want the aftermarket one, I want the original nav from manufacturer, could anybody suggest how to get the manufacturer nav?

Thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (Kabilan Jayaraman @ Apr 27 2010, 04:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317391
I bought a hyundai sonata 2011 limited car with navigation, I wish to buy nav with it, and I check with different dealers in my area, but none of the have limited with nav, and I end up in buying the car without nav. But I want to install nav in the car, andI don't want the aftermarket one, I want the original nav from manufacturer, could anybody suggest how to get the manufacturer nav?

Thanks
At this point I guess your only option will be to order it through the dealer.
I was in a similar situation, I could take the car I ordered and look for some aftermarket upgrades or wait another 5 to 6 weeks for one with nav (it was actually the back up camera that I wanted) - I have 3 to 4 weeks left

·
Registered
79 Posts
You can probably order it. But it will cost you ALOT!!!

You have to get new climate control piece also below the Navigation unit. Because panel for the climate control and the radio is connected right now.
You have to remove the whole thing and get separate Navi unit and Climate control unit.

I wouldn't be surprised if it cost you about $4,000-5,000

·
Registered
267 Posts
I know this is not what you're looking for but it's sure a heck of a lot cheaper. Garmin just came out with a new dash mount that makes a pretty neat installation. Just bought the mount with a new Garmin Nuvi 1300 for less than $200. It's a friction mount and the base is flexible so it can be bent to conform to just about any dash shape.

Click on each picture for a better view.

Don

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (DonRich90 @ Apr 27 2010, 07:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317461
I know this is not what you're looking for but it's sure a heck of a lot cheaper. Garmin just came out with a new dash mount that makes a pretty neat installation. Just bought the mount with a new Garmin Nuvi 1300 for less than $200. It's a friction mount and the base is flexible so it can be bent to conform to just about any dash shape.

Click on each picture for a better view.

Don
That is one of the better solutions for a hand held that I have seen.

The solution I almost went for was to replace the rear view mirror with a GPS/rearview camera/mirror combo. I liked the integrated look that it provided. You can get those for less than $500 if you want to buy in North America, or about half of that if you are adventurous and buy from from a supplier in China.

Here is an example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1zhyRO9csQ

·
Registered
53 Posts
I test drove a Ltd with nav and was not impressed. I wouldn't mind the backup camera but not for $2100.

Here is my solution using a Garmin 1350T and a block of wood and some velcro. $179, and easy to upgrade!
[attachment=17627:p1000781_1.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought on e-bay a 4.3" GPS with wireless backup camera. I am waiting for the mail to deliver. The rear camera has infrared lighting and mounts on the license plate. All for $99,68. I will post pictures as soon I install the unit. Probably about three weeks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Apr 27 2010, 10:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317497
That is one of the better solutions for a hand held that I have seen.

The solution I almost went for was to replace the rear view mirror with a GPS/rearview camera/mirror combo. I liked the integrated look that it provided. You can get those for less than $500 if you want to buy in North America, or about half of that if you are adventurous and buy from from a supplier in China.

Here is an example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1zhyRO9csQ
NAV is so much more than just NAV. Backup Camera, better sound system (in LTD), the system is integrated with the car so better coverage in tunnels, parking decks etc, better interface for IPOD/Music etc.

It's not just a backup camera for $2100. It's funny the people that always b!tch about the cost are the ones that didn't spring for it. If you had it, I bet you'd be happy you did. Especially if you had it after not having it on the Sonata.

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (jfulcher @ Apr 28 2010, 07:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317736
NAV is so much more than just NAV. Backup Camera, better sound system (in LTD), the system is integrated with the car so better coverage in tunnels, parking decks etc, better interface for IPOD/Music etc.

It's not just a backup camera for $2100. It's funny the people that always b!tch about the cost are the ones that didn't spring for it. If you had it, I bet you'd be happy you did. Especially if you had it after not having it on the Sonata.
Yup , I agree 100% (and I have my wife's permission to agree :p ). Unfortunately we are (again) short changed in Canada so we dont get the Infinity :wallbash: but we get the push button start added on :thumbsup: , which is not standard on the Limited :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (tibike @ Apr 28 2010, 06:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317722
I just bought on e-bay a 4.3" GPS with wireless backup camera. I am waiting for the mail to deliver. The rear camera has infrared lighting and mounts on the license plate. All for $99,68. I will post pictures as soon I install the unit. Probably about three weeks.

Please post the pictures, once you get it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (SERGEANT_AT_ARMS @ Apr 28 2010, 08:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317765
I wanted a SE with Nav but the dealer did not have one in stock. They agreed to install the factory nav for me if I would purchase one off the lot.

Hmmm, since Nav is optional on all models in the US, maybe dealers install it all the time.
Canada, you can only get it with Limited, so I don't think dealers play with Nav.

So, your SE has a dealer installed Nav right now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased SE with a factory nav we owe. When dealer installed nav it was an aftermarket and now being told factory nav can not be installed. Has anyone had a factory nav installed in SE that came without nav?

Thanks,
Wil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts