Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya every1 i've gt a 1.3 petrol accent and i was looking to change the engine for something bigger. i was just wondering if there's any engines that would go in without to much modification n difficulty.

thanks for any help :)

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
i was looking to change the engine for something bigger.
You should STRONGLY consider changing out the WHOLE CAR for something that already has a bigger engine......unless maybe you are doing this for an off-road, racing machine OR doing it just for a learning experience.

There is NO WAY that would be practical or economical for a daily driver.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
new car is easier, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to do a swap for experience.

just don't expect any miracles! it's still a small car we're talking about here.

now you're in the UK...first thing we need to figure out is how similar your accent is to north american accents. if they are pretty much the same, there are plenty of possibilities. if not, its going to be harder for people to help you not knowing that particular frame.

i can tell you what options are available here for NA LC chassis accents. there are 2 engines available stock, the 1.5 SOHC and the 1.6 DOHC. if you're able to and going to do one of these, the 1.6L is the way to go. its an excellent little engine, but its still barely over 100hp...options for modding are limited to N/A as it doesn't handle turbo boost so well.

the other option is the beta swap. just google beta swap and you'll find LOADS of info. its pulling a 2.0L out of a tiburon and cramming that into an accent. it also takes boost like a champ.

that being said if you want something simple, the beta swap is more difficult. keep in mind, you're going to have to change out the wiring anyways...

spend some time with google. someone must have done this already with one of your UK accents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts