Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with replacing their OEM turn signal repeaters?

When the wife was picking up one of the kids from school today something hit the repeater and cracked the plastic on it.

I've got a $40 quote from my dealership for labor and I've already ordered the part from forum sponsor Delray Hyundai (hyundaioemparts.com) because they were 30 bucks cheaper than my dealer for the part!

I'm wondering if anyone has replaced theirs and had a quick install how-to.

Looks like I'd need to pop the mirror out and get to it from the inside of the mirror, just looking for someone who might have done it.

Thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

Now that the car is back in my garage :)

The mirror is pretty easy to pop out. I found a few other threads that talk about it. It feels like you might break things, but if you move the mirror enough to get your fingers behind one side it should pop out. It will feel like it's about to break, but then the metal clips pop off and you can move the mirror to the side. You can take off the wires if need be.

There is then one phillips screw that holds the LED bar in place. remove that and the LED repeater comes right out. Remove the wire harness (two little wires and the plug into the LED assembly.

I haven't replaced things yet, but I won't need to spend the 40 bucks the dealership wants :)

This went form a $150 fix to a 70 (tax and shipping included) fix. Once the part gets here I'll be replacing it... and probably washing the car again :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the part gets here either this weekend or early next week I'll try to for sure.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the passenger side that I ordered. If you need the driver side you can find that here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts