Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have replaced one (not this car though) with far less damage. Not sure why you wouldn't buy a replacement for a few hundred. Local repair places were only a roughly 20-25% savings. Never know if a used one was a repair or not (although most on eBay will say they are repaired), and not all repairs are done correctly. Not sure I would risk something as important as a rim that if repaired improperly could cause an accident. If it cracked that bad I would bet there were other stresses put on that wheel that you can't see just yet. I could see repairing some superficial curb rash but not this.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks again. Going to replace it with a new one ordered online.
Prices for Mobile, AL were $175 just to get it welded. A used scuffed up one on EBay is $200 + shipping. Refurbed runs $250-333 + shipping. Going with $450 for a new one online delivered to my door. $590 My local friendly dealer wants $590 plus $59 tax.
Good call. I had to bite the bullet on a '21 VW Atlas wheel after my wife hit a curb at a medium speed. I wasn't in the car so I wasn't sure how bad it was but I was more concerned with the potential damage I couldn't see. Bought a new wheel through a local dealer online at a good discount vs walking up to the parts window and then called them to make a deal on the tire (matched online/local stores) I needed to replace as well. They were able to mount and balance the set making it easy for me to pick up and then drive home and swap it in my driveway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts