Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
It's news to me that the updates are on a rigid April/September schedule. I thought they just update when they update. Twice a year NAV updates seems like a lot of work for no gain.

I would skip this last update if you have the choice. It made my maps slightly better but the entire system from maps to Sirius to especially voice commands, much more sluggish.

·
Registered
'22 Santa Fe Calligraphy, 2.5T HTRAC • Hampton Gray / Black
47 Posts
What app are we talking about here?

New to Hyundai (had a 2011 kia) so i'm just getting to know all the new stuff...

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,856 Posts
It's news to me that the updates are on a rigid April/September schedule. I thought they just update when they update. Twice a year NAV updates seems like a lot of work for no gain.

I would skip this last update if you have the choice. It made my maps slightly better but the entire system from maps to Sirius to especially voice commands, much more sluggish.
The updates are in a end-October/Nov to Mid-April schedule. Been that way for at least the 4 years I've owned my Santa Fe's.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
727 Posts
Software is the same for all the Hyundai Kia range (including Genesis) with some differences based on graphics, options etc. You actually download the same core files for pretty much all of the cars.
April/ Sept is correct for the Gen5/ Gen5W Nav systems, and while some markets (Europe) only recently had the update portal available, it was known that you could use Russian updates for cars in Europe (just had to switch the map info over).
There may be additional updates that come out for bug-fixes.
The Sept 2021 update switched from HERE maps to TomTom which has caused some slowness in the system due to the mapping software. While avoiding the update is an option, if you need maps updating, or are having any bluelink issues, you're going to want to be looking at that Sept update.
Next update should be coming out in April, which may include (on cars that support it) OTA (Over The Air) updates in some markets.

·
Registered
'21 Santa Fe Calligraphy Portofino Gray/Black interior
77 Posts

From the Hyundai Mapcare website:
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe (5 seat) Map Update 155U5W_B
When was this version released?November 8th, 2021
We usually release a new map update twice a year (in March and September) or once a year (in March).
If you performed a map update after the release date above then your map is up-to-date.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Where on the car do you plug the SD card in? I can’t find any slot.
What year and model do you have? Does it have Navigation?
2019 and 2020 models use SD cards 2021 use thumb drives.
If you have Nav. the socket is located at the back of the screen --- look at your owner's manual

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
if they do an April update can you use the old Navigation Updater you used for the Sept. update or do you have to download a new one.
You have to update to the new one; it's a different version. If it's the same, the system tells you it's current, and no need to update it. How do I know this? Because I have a '22 SF and '23 G70. Did the G70 first, and system replaced the old updater with the new one. When I was done, did the same process for the SF, and system said updater is current, and aborted the operation itself. But had to download the whole thing again on the USB (it erased/formatted it), as they're for a different brand. I'll do the actual update today, as the charger took a while to fully charge the G70 battery yesterday.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just finished the update. Surprisingly, it took 1 hr 20 min, when the same update took 55 minutes on the '23 G70. Weird. But no issues other than the 'accessory' mode shutting off at exactly 1 hour. I checked the car at 55 min, and it was still showing like 1/4 of the way. Then at 1 hr 02 minutes, and everything was off. Turned 'accessory' back on, and it immediately kept going, so was relieved. Ha ha. Same thing happened with the G70: progress 'bar' stayed at about 1/4 of the way for almost 40 minutes, so you guys know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just finished the update. Surprisingly, it took 1 hr 20 min, when the same update took 55 minutes on the '23 G70. Weird. But no issues other than the 'accessory' mode shutting off at exactly 1 hour. I checked the car at 55 min, and it was still showing like 1/4 of the way. Then at 1 hr 02 minutes, and everything was off. Turned 'accessory' back on, and it immediately kept going, so was relieved. Ha ha. Same thing happened with the G70: progress 'bar' stayed at about 1/4 of the way for almost 40 minutes, so you guys know.
I downloaded the new nav software but have not installed. Was wondering if you noticed anything new that's significant?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
727 Posts
I downloaded the new nav software but have not installed. Was wondering if you noticed anything new that's significant?
There are some release notes available on the notification: Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website
Seems a few changes, may be useful for some (new 'Sounds of Nature/ City' options), additional info on radio screens, and some other bits and bobs.
There were a number of differences last time that weren't included on the release notes last time too, so a good click around would be useful too.

Hopefully we'll get the update in the UK in the next week or so, generally seems to be a couple of weeks later.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts