Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find a few answers to some questions the web and Hyundai (on line) can't seem to answer.

• Can I use a new SD card rather than the origonal one from my car?
  • How can I tell how old my current maps are?
  • Does Mapnsoft ever discounted updates?

I want to keep my original SD card if possible. No particular reason other than as a backup in case I screw up the download and install somehow.

My Nav unit says:
  • S/W VER. - MDFL.USA.SOP.14.004
  • FIRMWARE VERSION MDL.USE.00.077.131017
  • NAVI APP VER. 0.2
  • MAP VER. 0.2
  • DEVICE ID 077XXXXXXXX

Current map version from website:
NA.11.41.52.661 (V12)

I can find no info online to decipher the map versions. (0.2 ??) My unit definitely does not say what the current version is, but how old is it? If it's only a year or less old (I read there are 2 updates per year) I may wish to wait.

At $170 it's a bit steep. I could offset some of the cost if it was discounted. I read that some people have got it discounted down to about $100 but not sure if this is for new cars or original owners. Too bad Hyundai has not rolled out the FREE updates like they do for Europe. :frown:

I have been using the GPS more than expected and for me it's more convenient than using my phone. The interface is also nicer than I expected. Between Nav update, and Satellite Radio and Blue Link, this car costs an extra $400-$500 a year to keep updated!:surprise:

Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
  • NAVI APP VER. 0.2
  • MAP VER. 0.2
  • DEVICE ID 077XXXXXXXX
Well tonight I realized that if you go into the Update screen while using the GPS, you get the actual information:

My Nav unit says:
  • NAVI APP VER. MDFL.USA.00.13100721
  • MAP VER. NA.06.43.69.001 :surprise:
  • DEVICE ID 077XXXXXXXX

This pretty much settles it - I will be upgrading. :| If version 12 is "NA.11.41.52.661" then I hate to think what version "NA.06.43.69.001" is. This may be the first version the car was made with. I'm betting a lot has changed since then. Hopefully there will be a few nice radio firmware updates to go along with the map update.

Still wondering if I can use a new SD card though - anyone?:frown:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I decided to forgo waiting (from both mapnsoft and the forum) and took a chance with the SD card within my car.

Everything went very well and my unit is updated to the following.

• S/W VER. - MDFL.USA.SOP.14.041
  • FIRMWARE VERSION MDL.USE.00.173.171023
  • NAVI APP VER. MDFL.USA.00.180010817
  • MAP VER. NA.11.41.52.661
  • DEVICE ID. 077xxxxxxx

The total process took about an hour.

The improvements are well worth the cost in this case. The MP3 player has a playlist feature. The head unit has a few updated settings along with a few new ones. Last settings such as shuffle as well as other settings that had to be reset at every start up are not permanent. Steering wheel MODE selection is greatly enhanced with the ability to select what the button scrolled thru. Navigation has MANY updates to the POI's (as would be expected) but there are subtle changes to the interface that clean it up nicely and allows POI searches in a much more intuitive way.

The only way to improve this would be ho offer a hacked version of the newer (2017-2018 Elantra) radio interface - like that will never happen. :|

1 - 3 of 3 Posts