Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Azera Limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure when this happened, but Mapnsoft has lowered the price for map updates. I just got one for my Azera for $25, plus about $7 shipping. This was for a new SD card, no downloading necessary. The last time I checked, the updates were about $170 just to download, another $50 if you wanted a preloaded SD card. I was pleasantly surprised to find this much more reasonable price.

·
Registered
2015 Azera Limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is true. Just thought people would like to know that the price had been lowered.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Not sure when this happened, but Mapnsoft has lowered the price for map updates. I just got one for my Azera for $25, plus about $7 shipping.
Thank you so much for posting this. I had held off upgrading my maps because of the high cost compared to the benefit of having some new POIs and updated maps, especially since I only drive about 3,000 miles per year and most of that locally. Many times I use my phone if I need routing based on traffic. However, at $25, it was worth it to go ahead and upgrade. I have told Hyundai many times that the map upgrades should be free or a low cost. I glad they have done this.

For those that haven't upgraded their maps, what you do is go to mapnsoft.com and set up a free account. Then, you log in and select your car year and model and you get the price for the latest map version. For $25, plus $6.20 shipping, they send you an SD card with the upgrade on it. When it arrives, you replace the current SD card in your head unit with the new one and follow the directions that you can download as a PDF from your Mapnsoft account. You leave your car running to keep the battery up (or put the battery on a charger) during the upgrade that will take about 25 minutes to complete.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I heard that downloading is pretty slow and can’t do it if you have a Mac?

·
Registered
172 Posts
A free version may be coming, maybe limited to later models, though. See this website: Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website I found out about this after buying the $25 update, but will check back to see if free updates will be available for my 2014 Azera in the future.
I have a 17 Elantra, and I was informed that the free option wont be available.. Seems to be only 2018 and higher get the free downloads, other years have to pay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts