Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the SE with navigation system and sometimes I can start up the car and it immediately boots up and the safety agreement appears and can tap Agree but other times it will show the agreement and no buttons are enabled and can take up to 10 seconds, which is quite a while when you're sitting there staring at it LOL. Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (jchristie07 @ Jun 5 2010, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330111
I have the SE with navigation system and sometimes I can start up the car and it immediately boots up and the safety agreement appears and can tap Agree but other times it will show the agreement and no buttons are enabled and can take up to 10 seconds, which is quite a while when you're sitting there staring at it LOL. Does this happen to anyone else?
The system starts to boot up when you unlock the car. If you press the unlock on the fob about 30 seconds prior to entering the car, the boot up is complete when you enter and start the car. If you approach the car, unlock, and then enter immediately, it will take an additional 30 seconds or so (approx) to boot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Jun 5 2010, 10:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330167
The system starts to boot up when you unlock the car. If you press the unlock on the fob about 30 seconds prior to entering the car, the boot up is complete when you enter and start the car. If you approach the car, unlock, and then enter immediately, it will take an additional 30 seconds or so (approx) to boot.

Really? How do you know this? It's in the manual correct?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But just to be sure - I'm not talking about when you start up the car and the Hyundai logo is displayed for a while and then the system becomes useable, I mean that it will fully start and it shows the safety agreement but none of the buttons are enabled so you can't do anything.. but you can press the XM button and it will immediately go to the XM portion of the operating system and play.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (TheMoose @ Jun 5 2010, 10:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330190
Really? How do you know this? It's in the manual correct?
I read it on one of the forums, and I have confirmed it in my use. The "30 seconds" is approximate. It may be a little longer.
My car is in an attached garage. I usually hit the unlock button, grab my coffee and briefcase, and then walk out to the car.
I put the briefcase in the trunk, and put my coffee in the cupholder, and then start the car. At that point the boot up is usually complete.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This information is accurate, or at least it seems to also be the same in the Genesis Sedan...I notice if I hop in right away after unlocking the car and hit enter and try to immediately use the system it shows the message that the Navigational System is initializing, please wait. On other days I use my remote starter to cool of the car before getting in, when I hit enter to agree to the EULA (End User's License Agreement) everything is fully up and running. I have sat there and timed this out;... it can take anywhere from 20-30 seconds and in extreme cases up to a minute. It's also dependent on your position vs. the satellites that determines how long before everything is fully operational. I have noticed that your can get in right away and put the vehicle in reverse and the backup camera overrides the User's Agreement until you put the car back into drive/park, at that time you must hit enter to use the Navi/Radio etc...

I wish that they would have utilized a small portion of the 40GB Hard Drive to buffer the XM radio and Navigational data being received. I really hate when your driving and you come upon a road with some overhanging trees that the XM signal cuts in and out. They could have easily made all the extra space on the hard drive act as a buffer to the XM/Navi informational systems. I would think they can do a firmware/software upgrade that allows for this to happen, but if enough people don't complain about this issue it will never be resolved. I know it is only a minor problem but it is one none the less and other cars that have a hard drive based system offer this feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts