Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am being offered a great deal on a left over 09 limited sonata with navigation. I have a couple of questions that might make my decision easier. I know there is no traffic with the 09 navigation, but is it possible to add a trafic module on this one? The map data is from 08. Is there an 09 or 10 map update. Finally I have read in this forum of some problems with this unit that required reprogramming. The software version on this car is V14. Is this the latest? Thanks for your help. I need to make my mind up by Sunday in order to get this deal. They are offering me $4000 off. So this brings it down to about $22500.

·
Registered
102 Posts
22,500 + 4,000 = 26,500. For that price I would get a Genesis for 32,000, and a 2010 at that. But thats just me. I would search on line and other dealers because there are alot of 2009 Natas still left, limited and such, for way better deals. An example is, 6 Natas in Nashville, new 2009, loaded starting at 18,000. I read their add on line for these vehicle just 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well - I did not take advantage of the "great deal" offered me this weekend based upon the responses to this thread that felt it was not such a good deal. Ok my original reason for posting was to get some information on the navigation. Has anyone in this forum had their navigation upgraded? And what version no is the latest software?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The navigation is okay, and can be updated with a purchase from mapnsoft who I believe have a 2010 update available. Hyundai is willing to replace faulty units if needed since there have been issues with earlier models. Overall its a good unit for what it is, although the aftermarket ones have more bells and whistles, and are cheaper to maintain update wise.

And for a few grand more you can get a new 2011 Sonata. I paid the price you were offered almost 2 years ago OTD... That price needs to come down a few thousand more to become an okay deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts