Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has an upgraded maps CD/DVD to upgrade the maps in my 2010. I assume buying it or paying for the disk, using and returning is cheaper than getting it from the dealer!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess no one has! They are quite expensive, so I am surprised no one is buying them and then reselling them once the update is done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Microsoft Office? No I want the map upgrades for the Hyundai Navigation system, but thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your case being what? I have bought and sold music CD's, movie DVD's on Ebay for 13 years, I have bought and sold NAVI DVD's for other cars three times (the most recent a Cadillac Navi one for 55 dollars).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is actually helpful information, that only took an hour of digging, but it appears they wish for us to book a dealer appointment, the map is USB not a disk.

Here is a screen shot, for the Canadian site, not sure about USA/UK.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Your case being what? I have bought and sold music CD's, movie DVD's on Ebay for 13 years, I have bought and sold NAVI DVD's for other cars three times (the most recent a Cadillac Navi one for 55 dollars).
Perhaps missing the point. Installing Office on your PC and then selling the disc isn't even legal. Not the same thing at all as listening to a CD or watching a movie on DVD and then selling it after you're done.

My point is that what you're asking here, because of the way you're asking it, is a form of piracy, pure and simple.

None of this is to say that I think that the prices being charged for a lousy annual update make a lick of sense.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you reading this from the Hyundai EULA, or are you just guessing? Map updates for a navigation system and computer programs for a PC may actually not have the same EULA, but I assume someone as intelligent and helpful as you ready know that.

Sarcasm aside, since I never claimed to be familiar with the subject, you could have voiced copyright concerns in the first answer, but perhaps trolling Korean car forums gives you a feeling of intellectual superiority. Whatever works, buddy! Have a good one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts