Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Sonata that has the Navigation. Mine was built before Android Auto was standard.

I did the free upgrade. It took about 2.5 hours to download and another half hour to update.

When I plugged in my phone and tried to use Android Auto it would display and work for about 30 seconds. Then it would shutdown and go back to the factory Home screen with NAV and Satellite radio.

Before the upgrade I had already setup bluetooth on my phone so I could stream music and use the hands free phone feature.

On a hunch I thought MAYBE the phone is trying to connect to the NAV using the bluetooth settings that I had setup BEFORE I installed the update and Android Auto.

I deleted ALL the bluetooth connections on the NAV unit AND I deleted the Hyundai connection in the bluetooth settings on my phone.

I left the bluetooth OFF on my handset and plugged my phone in to the car with a USB cable in the dash compartment.

When the Android Auto appeared on the NAV screen I pressed the icon and Android Auto began working perfectly.

It hasn't shutdown on it's own since.

Hopefully this will help the next person that has this issue.

Peace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get the link to download the data?? My link showed up but I wasn't ready to do it. Then a few days later I pulled out the SD card, popped it in my computer, logged onto my Hyundai, and the link was gone! Do you have the direct link you could send me or just post here? I have a 2015 Sonata and I'm just getting the runaround on the phone. I have the Nav and just want to update that and get Android Auto on it too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts