Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate, White/Grey
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From another forum, I found a link to a "Nav Update" ... Navigation Updater | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

Click through to download a program (Win or Mac) which when installed/run, will download the files needed to perform the actual update and facilitate their transfer to a USB key.

For Windows, the "Updater Program" install package (NavigationUpdaterSetup.exe) is a single file, just under 32MB in size. Once you install and run this application, follow its prompts to download the actual Tucson Nav update files saved to your local hard drive, and to then transfer them to a USB key (aka Flashdrive), the one used to perform the in-car update (total time here, about 35 mins). When I did my Canadian version, it was a set of 16 files totalling just under 25GB, so a 32GB USB key was sufficient. Notably, the program will insist on formatting the key to exFAT and does NOT leave a copy of the update files on your hard drive (by default - you can uncheck an option box to allow the files to remain on your local computer).

To avoid running down the battery, I had my car "ON" (in Park, of course) located outside in my driveway. If you don't insert the USB key prior to starting the update, you will be prompted to do so. Access the Update function via Setup | General, after which you'll see an Update button (see left part of pic below).

The in-car process for me was about 32 mins from start to finish (including 2 auto-restarts of the infotainment system). Others have reported their update taking up to an hour but mine was quicker possibly because I used a high-transfer speed USB 3 key.

The pic below shows my car's version numbers pre-update on the left (except for the Map, which I think was NAM.13.47.50.610.301), and post-update on the right. Sure seems like this "Nav Update" also updated the Infotainment Software and Firmware! Who knows, maybe it'll make my CarPlay more stable too (here's hoping)!
Font Publication Electric blue Audio equipment Multimedia

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish these new vehicles would support connecting to a wifi network, and then be able to download updates directly, without the hassle of dealing with USB drives.
That would require extra hardware though, since AFAIK, the Tucson has no WiFi capability. That said, I wish they had implemented OTA updates via the cellular network since that hardware is already there for BlueLink.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, they’d need the hardware to support it. But WiFi support isn’t exactly a super exotic feature these days.

I don’t know if using cellular service for these apparently large downloads is something that makes financial sense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish these new vehicles would support connecting to a wifi network, and then be able to download updates directly, without the hassle of dealing with USB drives.
My Hyundai Tucson 2007 model auto keep jerks from slowing down then when You start pressing the accerelator to gain speed
It jerks to change speeds what is causing this to happen?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited/Quartz White
63 Posts
Is there new version of the software for the US? Seems like most posts and replies are from Canada? I wish Hyundai would notify us via Bluelink that there's a newer version of software than the version we have installed.

·
Registered
Tucson 2022 Hybrid Limited USA
60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
There was a new Nav update in April 2021. I downloaded and installed it. It took about 30+ minutes. For USA, if you go to "Welcome to MyHyundai | MyHyundai" (where presumably you have registered your car), you can see the links to the nav update after you log in. Or, you can go to the "updates" page directly (I think) at Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website
Turns out there's also an Aug 21 update to audio software, which I'm going to download and install soonish :) Notice | Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited/Quartz White
63 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is there new version of the software for the US? Seems like most posts and replies are from Canada? I wish Hyundai would notify us via Bluelink that there's a newer version of software than the version we have installed.
I actually got the link I posted from someone in the USA. When you go to install, you'll see this ...
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,009 Posts
Will be released on November 1. It's on the MapnSoft page.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,009 Posts
My Hyundai Tucson 2007 model auto keep jerks from slowing down then when You start pressing the accerelator to gain speed
It jerks to change speeds what is causing this to happen?
Try posting in the correct forum for your model year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Will be released on November 1. It's on the MapnSoft page.
The mapnsoft website link is Hyundai Mapcare | Customer Login
It says "New Update v15.5 will be Available on Nov 1st, 2021 for GEN 3 and newer head unit"
It's my understanding (but I don't remember where I read this) that map updates will come out twice a year...
Presumably, it will be available via the Hyundai downloader at that point...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most do? I have an 18 Santa fe, parked it outside of my house with a strong wifi signal and updated by wifi just pressing the update button on my system. I would think that most any of the cars from 18 on would have wifi, perhaps though not in the base sound system model?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts