Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I drive a 2016 Tucson and just recently got a “Navi.exe” and Korean writing message on my navigation screen. It’s popped up each month since December. Does anyone know what needs to be done to get this fixed?

I’m new to this forum so I haven’t figured out how to explore it yet

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi I drive a 2016 Tucson and just recently got a “Navi.exe” and Korean writing message on my navigation screen. It’s popped up each month since December. Does anyone know what needs to be done to get this fixed?

I’m new to this forum so I haven’t figured out how to explore it yet
Welcome....but you likely will need to go to the dealer to address that kind of issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OMG!
Im so happy I found this forum.
I've had the same issue happen on my 2014 Santa Fe Limited. I've expressed this to the dealership and they simply say it's an easy fix and they remove the error, but a few weeks after it's back again.

What should I do?

Are they giving me the run-around? I feel because they see a single woman they can get away with this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do have 2016 Santa fe sport limited and recently got these two error messages. it's different from what you guys posted though.
Never updated the map and the unit is not under warranty anymore as the mileage is 74000 km.
Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the tech package and a couple of times the nav has quit working and throws a small error window on the screen. Most of it appears in what I am guessing is Korean or Chinese writing. I can read the OK button :) in the top right but pushing it does nothing. Only way I have found to get nav working again is pull over and power off the car for a few mins and then let the nav system reboot on start. Has anyone else seen this? I've had it happen two times, which isn't a lot, but annoying.

gg
I have a similar issue with my Hyundai Santa Fe 2014, every once in a while I will get two different error messages on my navigation/media screen and the error message is in Japanese. I have taken my car into the dealership twice about it and talked to two different mechanics and now one there has heard or seen this message before. I don't know if this is the same type of error message as yours, but I know there has been at least two different messages and it eventually goes away after a few seconds, but over the last 3 years I've had the vehicle, the message still keeps popping up every once in awhile.
I wish I could find an answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just got this the other day on my 2014 Sonata SE

View attachment 441098
I have gotten the same message and also another one. The dealership tells me they have never seen this before so I am bascially out of luck getting help to fix it.
Have you had any luck finding out what is wrong and how to fix it? Below is the second error message I've received.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do have 2016 Santa fe sport limited and recently got these two error messages. it's different from what you guys posted though.
Never updated the map and the unit is not under warranty anymore as the mileage is 74000 km.
Any ideas?
I've received the first error message (media), but have not had any luck finding out whats wrong and how to fix it. Please let me know if you find something out (dealership was no help).

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have gotten the same message and also another one. The dealership tells me they have never seen this before so I am bascially out of luck getting help to fix it.
Have you had any luck finding out what is wrong and how to fix it? Below is the second error message I've received.

View attachment 442226
It means “error” in Korean. You’ll need a head unit replacement, or, a hard reset may buy you some time and help it work correctly for a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've received the first error message (media), but have not had any luck finding out whats wrong and how to fix it. Please let me know if you find something out (dealership was no help).
Perform a hard reset. Like that little button next to the CD player with something like a pin tip

·
Registered
7 Posts
It means “error” in Korean. You’ll need a head unit replacement, or, a hard reset may buy you some time and help it work correctly for a short time.

Thank you for your reply. What is a "head Unit"?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any ideas?
Please let me know if you were able to find an answer/fix for this (I have same issue with 2014 Santa fe)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just got this the other day on my 2014 Sonata SE

View attachment 441098
Were you able to get this fixed? Looking for possible answers for same problem. My Santa Fe is still under warranty, but mechanics at dealership have never seen the error message before so they don't know what is wrong. My luck the warranty probably won't cover the issue.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Were you able to get this fixed? Looking for possible answers for same problem. My Santa Fe is still under warranty, but mechanics at dealership have never seen the error message before so they don't know what is wrong. My luck the warranty probably won't cover the issue.
Hit that hard reset button next to where you insert a CD, one side is the “CD in” light notification, other side is the reset button. Press it with a pen tip, and the message will go away

·
Registered
47 Posts
I never use the built in navigation - it is nowhere near as good as the stand alone units.
Personally I have TomTom Go on my iPhone.
Me neither. I use the display mainly for the album artwork. My iPhone works quite well for navigation purposes. Added a Roav Viva Pro for voice activated navigation & Amazon Music.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts