Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the tech package and a couple of times the nav has quit working and throws a small error window on the screen. Most of it appears in what I am guessing is Korean or Chinese writing. I can read the OK button :) in the top right but pushing it does nothing. Only way I have found to get nav working again is pull over and power off the car for a few mins and then let the nav system reboot on start. Has anyone else seen this? I've had it happen two times, which isn't a lot, but annoying.

gg

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've never experienced it and don't think I came across reading such problem in the forum. Take it to the dealer and let them find the reason.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the tech package and a couple of times the nav has quit working and throws a small error window on the screen. Most of it appears in what I am guessing is Korean or Chinese writing. I can read the OK button :) in the top right but pushing it does nothing. Only way I have found to get nav working again is pull over and power off the car for a few mins and then let the nav system reboot on start. Has anyone else seen this? I've had it happen two times, which isn't a lot, but annoying.

gg
+1
It is Korean. Happened once one month ago.

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Korean version of "WINDOWS" pop up on screen...

FSE showed us video of it occuring... Radio-NAV is going into "engineering mode"... supposedly there is USB update to do to the unit.. not sure if our guy had it or not.. have dealer contact respective FSE for help (USA).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

FSE showed us video of it occuring... Radio-NAV is going into "engineering mode"... supposedly there is USB update to do to the unit.. not sure if our guy had it or not.. have dealer contact respective FSE for help (USA).
Thanks, I will have service check it out next time I am in.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I just had this happen to me 2 days ago. NAV quit working, only thing we could do was listen to the radio after about 2 minutes of freezing. Also what is a FSE?
Thanks!

·
Registered
620 Posts

gg
Been through it before, we just replaced the audio unit, and all was well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Santa Fe and my Nav system has been giving me this error everytime I search for an address. Just got a new system installed today and same error!! Also tried a random Santa Fe on the lot and the same error. No one knows why.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have a 2014 Santa Fe and my Nav system has been giving me this error everytime I search for an address. Just got a new system installed today and same error!! Also tried a random Santa Fe on the lot and the same error. No one knows why.
Maybe the address you are searching for is a Korean restaurant?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I got this error on the way to work tonight and i wasnt even using the navigation. The error came up about navigation and when i hit navigation it wont launch the program. Tried to shut off the vehicle and turned on but it still wont open. I should have taken the picture of the error. I will check tomorrow if it will be the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts

gg
I just had this happen to me yesterday. I have a 2016 Santa Fe Sport Ultimate package. Upon starting my car the usual spinning "starting navigation" thing was going on in the instrument panel area, then on my info screen the dialogue box popped up with Korean writing and the ok with and x box. I didn't know what I was clicking ok on but I did and the box disappeared. The navigation took long time to load so I assumed it had to do with the box that popped up. It was a very cold night in the 20's and windy. Just wondering if it was a weather induced thing? I'll see if it ever happens again. I've had the Vehicle a year before this happened.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
When you get a new GPS system, you DO NOT get a new map card. So something on the card is bad. My wife's 2014 car got that once with our Ver 8.5, should have shot a photo. My wife's 2.0T had no screen at startup after 6 months a number of times. We taped that just in case, dealer didn't need to see it. Finally got it replaced last year, they used same card that was in old unit (I marked the card). Plus her car (maybe GPS replacement model ? ?) got the free update to 10 over the summer. We both got free updates when I complained that our new cars came with old maps, we got two Ver 9 (?) for free almost two years ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Nav screen showed this error twice; both times within the past several months (w/ between 18,000 and 21,000 miles on the odo). I snapped a picture of it the second time it happened and showed it to the service manager today when I went in for an oil change. A new head unit is on order...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts