Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that dozens of addresses are gone... only home is left. Had the brake switch recall done... would they have to disconnect power to do than simple change? Is the nav memory volatile so you lose all on any power disconnect?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yep. Pretty sure anytime they unhook the battery, things go awry.

Had my transmission temp sensor replaced. When I picked it up, my contacts won't sync properly. I tried everything including the reset button, etc. The service adviser, who was very knowledgeable, tried as well. He told me that they will update the unit (flash with updated software). That also means a free map upgrade on my 2012. :D Was running short on time and couldn't wait. Just need to find the time to get back in to the dealership.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Part of that recall is putting your radio presets back the way you had them. It doesn't say anything about nav locations unfortunately.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
I thought the NAV system was flash memory based? If so, a battery pull shouldn't have cleared out location presets.

When the update the unit's software, I am sure that will reset all of you data back to factory (still stupid in my opinion).

Another reason I'm glad I skipped the NAV package on this car. Do miss the sunroof though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts