Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

So like the title says, im a n00b. I would like to get a little bit more power out of my car without breaking the bank (kind of getting sick of the lack of power when I drive 4 other kids to-and-from school :p). I already have a short ram intake installed, but I'm looking for feedback on some other things I can do that, like I said, won't leave me broke. Any suggestions? Try to dumb it down for me lol :D

Also, how much would it be for parts/labour (I wouldn't have to time nor the experience to figure it out myself!).

Thx!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well you've got the breathing in (intake) part down.  Now you should look into the breathing out part.  If you wanna, Look around for an exhaust to have the air flow out better.  

There's also a coolant bypass mod that I did.  So did Bloodninja, and I think it was Komptek.  It was pretty simple.  What it does, is it stops warm coolant from entering your throttle body.  In my opinion, it's kinda pointless to have a nice shiny intake, and then having your throttle body heated up with coolant. I have a Weapon R ram air intake, and it responded alot better after I did the coolant bypass mod. Here's the link to the page that'll show you how to do it:http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t30858-accen...-bypass-mod.htm

It's pretty simple.  you'll just have to read through it a couple of times. Plus... It's free.

·
Registered
268 Posts
1) 2.25 free flow exhaust
2) Like was stated the coolant bypass
3) Headers
4) Lighter rims/tires

Sadly there is not really anything available as far as chipping or tuning the ecu... I know some Rio guys are working on a megasquirt but do not know how far that has gotten. If there is any ecu tuning available it should be really effective with the conservative timing the engine has now, but that is if it comes about.

=) Lots of posts here, answers for most everything basic: good luck!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
yeah apparently they have already figure it out, so soon we will have the MS but this is definitely not an easy mod unless you want to leave it with the map they send you with, but thats not what the MS is for.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
no, the MS is already built and with a map. The MS allows you to tweak your map based on ur setup, but obviously that will have to be either done by you or a shop who know how to use MS.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ Nov 5 2010, 08:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369350
no, the MS is already built and with a map. The MS allows you to tweak your map based on ur setup, but obviously that will have to be either done by you or a shop who know how to use MS.
If the price is right and I don't have to hack the engine wiring to sh*t, I'd be seriously interested. Especially if it gets rid of that ANNOYING rev hang.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Nov 6 2010, 12:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369528
If the price is right and I don't have to hack the engine wiring to sh*t, I'd be seriously interested. Especially if it gets rid of that ANNOYING rev hang.
i believe thats one of the things that is corrected and of course can be adjust to whatever you want, thats whats good about the MS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts