Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I’m impressed!! Thank you for figuring that out and absolutely on that coffee lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was waiting until the windows get tinted which is happening next Tuesday. I’m a general manager for a Firestone location and we can put whatever Bridgestone/Firestone product on a new car we want. So I went with our bridgestone quiettrack tires and we noticed it during the changeover.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
11 Posts
Interesting! Wonder if a bad strip in a wheel would cause a tire vibration I cannot seem to fix. The dealer is at the point of changing my tires. I filed a case with Hyundai and they told me to wait for a TSB. I am at the point of changing the wheels and tires. I have had a fading wheel vibration at 65 plus since the car was new. Comes in and out, not constant.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike make sure whoever is trying to solve the vibration issue isn’t just looking at wheel balance and also considering road force. I had 2 of my tires that required rotating 180 degrees in order to bring them into specs. You definitely can have tires that are “balanced” but still cause vibration issues especially when you get into low profile tires.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was waiting until the windows get tinted which is happening next Tuesday. I’m a general manager for a Firestone location and we can put whatever Bridgestone/Firestone product on a new car we want. So I went with our bridgestone quiettrack tires and we noticed it during the changeover.
I'm guessing you'll put summer performance tires on in the spring? Or are you going to run those year round?

Interesting! Wonder if a bad strip in a wheel would cause a tire vibration I cannot seem to fix. The dealer is at the point of changing my tires. I filed a case with Hyundai and they told me to wait for a TSB. I am at the point of changing the wheels and tires. I have had a fading wheel vibration at 65 plus since the car was new. Comes in and out, not constant.
I know you're annoyed with the vibration issue, but spring is near, I am changing my wheels and tires for Spring. I would definitely look into that and maybe get some lighter rotary or flow forged wheels, they're not too expensive. Might solve the issue. After all, the OE N Line wheels aren't the greatest looking, too busy, too stock looking and heavy.

Mike make sure whoever is trying to solve the vibration issue isn’t just looking at wheel balance and also considering road force. I had 2 of my tires that required rotating 180 degrees in order to bring them into specs. You definitely can have tires that are “balanced” but still cause vibration issues especially when you get into low profile tires.
Good to know.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
11 Posts
The battle continues with the vibration and the dealer is essentially telling me there is no issue on the Road Force Balance. I asked did the tech drive the car I the highway? They didn’t answer and I know they didn’t. I am having the service manage ride with me the following week as I need to build a case for lemon law. This is shameful for Hyundai! I opened a case with Hyundai and the told me the car is too new and need more data for a TSB. I am about to ditch it and get something else. Anyone want it for $25k? My loss is your gain!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The battle continues with the vibration and the dealer is essentially telling me there is no issue on the Road Force Balance. I asked did the tech drive the car I the highway? They didn’t answer and I know they didn’t. I am having the service manage ride with me the following week as I need to build a case for lemon law. This is shameful for Hyundai! I opened a case with Hyundai and the told me the car is too new and need more data for a TSB. I am about to ditch it and get something else. Anyone want it for $25k? My loss is your gain!
Ugh. Did you ever have a chance to swap out the wheels and tires?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts