Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata
65 Posts
Like you guys, I miss my 1997 Montreal Blue 540i-6.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
hey. we also had a red 90 325i. i bought it used for my son. i used to sell a lot of parts for the e30. ever seen an M1? place i worked at back in the 80's used to race them. it is not a very good race car. i used to live in houston, and worked for this place, brown motor works, in dallas. i would go home on the weekends. one day, the gm asks me if i could drive a car down to the epa lab in houston, and then drive it back. they would compensate me. "yeah, sure. which car?" the white M1. wtf? i was gonna be PAID to drive a bmw M1 500 miles round trip? umm, yeah, i can do that. but it never came to pass. i also went thru a LOT of 2002's. afmkt turbos on 2 of them. couple of 2000cs, Tii's, the good ole days

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Montreal blue was a great color and very similar to my avus blue. Unfortunately, it was’t offered in E39. They stopped after E34 and E36.
the m60(540, 740) all had a problem with the bolts that held the oil pump to the block. i think there were 7. they would back off, and fall into the lower sump. when i was working at the dealer, one of the guys had a 540 with more than 250k on it. i told him about this problem, and, of course, i got poo poo'd. after all, i had been working at an independent, and he had been working in the parts dept for 20+ years. i kept telling him, and he kept not believing. then one day, a saturday, i came to work, and he was there. he had dropped the lower sump pan, and found 5 bolts from the oil pump. it was nice to get respect from then on. another time, there was an e34 530 in there for a radiator, and there were none to be found. i told them to use one from the 540, exact same radiator, except the 540 was a triple core, the 530 was dual. AND, more expensive. go figure. of course, i got a lot of blank(you dumbass) stares, but there was one in stock. so they pull it, and it drops right in. lots of dealer techs are very close minded.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Montreal blue was a great color and very similar to my avus blue. Unfortunately, it was’t offered in E39. They stopped after E34 and E36.
OK... allow me to add something too in honor of BMW even I didn't drive high end of them.
...has nothing to do with blue, but by chance I am in Montreal and it makes me smile.
As I mentioned in another thread I drove 2 of them....

Last of mohicans real 328 e90. Was a last year 6 inline 2011 Model. Simply amazing 3 series.
I had Lexus RX-350. After driving this 328 for 30 sec I decided to sell RX-350 with definite decision that this is a real driver's car (ultimate driving machine :)).

So, I sold RX and ended up to own this car. From 2012 3 series became F30 stil 328... I hated it... and in 2015 when 48 months ended for 328, signed for a new 328 F30 (was improved from 2012 but still a sh... after 2011). Before final signature for this new one took a last test drive and refused... they made me a super deal for another 36 month of my 4 years young with full warranty.

2018 was last year of F30 it became 330 instead of 328. The problematic engine was changed in this last year F30. It was tested for couple of years on some MINIs and went to redesigned 2019 and up. So I had and enjoyed 330 2l turbo.until last Monday (36 month ended) and took Sonata Sport 19'' wheels, sport seats and pedals :) 1.6T.
Next business day brought it back to dealership due to not moving fan.
For now enjoying Tucson until the solution will be found. Hope will like Sonata.

Love to hear experiences of others knowing BMW and driving Sonatas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the last E92 335is manual ever produced. E92 335is were produced for the North American market only from 2011-2013. It’s a 2013 Leman blue with saddleback brown interior, 6MT and slick top. Speaking of Montreal, there is nothing like walking on St Catherine street on a busy Saturday night admiring all the high end BMW or MB. Canadians, especially French-Canadians in Quebec sure love their cars!

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata
65 Posts
actually, it was.

·
Registered
89 Posts
BMW fiesta... thanks guys.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts