Hyundai Forums banner

N-line pricing and equipment announced

8K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  DarthHideous 
#1 ·
The Sonata N-Line pricing and equipment have been announced. It will be $33,200 + $995 destination fee = $34,195.

It comes with a 2.5L turbocharged engine with both MPI and GDI, and a new 8-speed, wet, dual-clutch transmission. It slots between the SEL Plus and Limited in terms of equipment. The only available option is summer tires. Personally, I wish you could get the features from the Limited in the N-line.

Price sheet with equipment details is here: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/...71-2021MYSonataDealerPriceSheet06Nov20201.pdf

There is also some interesting info in the press release about how the N-line has stiffer suspension and engine/transmission mounts: Hyundai Announces Pricing for High-Performance Sonata N Line with 290 HP and 311 LB-FT of Torque - Hyundai Newsroom

#10 · (Edited)
Limited vs N-Line :

Smartstream 1.6T GDI 4-cylinder 180HP/190T 28/38 MPG) vs Smartstream 2.5T GDI/MPI 4-cylinder (290HP/311T 28/38 MPG)
8-speed automatic w/ SHIFTRONIC®Paddle shifters vs 8-speed N Wet Dual Clutch Transmission w/ Paddle shifters
18-inch alloy wheels (machine / argent finish) vs N Unique 19-inch alloy wheels

Limited Unique Differences:
LED headlights (Matrix type)
Integrated Memory System – driver seat and outside mirrors
Power passenger seat (6-way)
Leather seating surfaces, Leatherette-wrapped dashboard
Ventilated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Color Head Up Display (HUD)
Rain sensing wipers
Around View Monitor (AVM)
Front & Rear parking sensors
Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (PCAA-R)

N-line Unique Differences:
Dual twin exhaust outlets (quad)
Rack Mounted Electric Power Steering (R-MDPS)
Drive Mode Select (Normal, Custom, Sport & Sport+)
N Unique front/rear fascia/rear spoiler
N unique sport front seats with Nappa Leather / Dinamica® seating surfaces
Leather-wrapped N unique sport steering wheel
Heated power glossy black side mirrors w/LED turn signal indicators and window surround
Aluminum pedals
Larger front and rear brake calipers and discs
Unique suspension tuning is derived from firmer bushings, higher spring rates, revised shock valving and larger sway bars front and rear
REV matching, N Power Shift, Launch Control, and Active Sound Design (ASD)

#11 ·
Limited vs N-Line :

Smartstream 1.6T GDI 4-cylinder 180HP/190T 28/38 MPG) vs Smartstream 2.5T GDI/MPI 4-cylinder (290HP/311T 28/38 MPG)
8-speed automatic w/ SHIFTRONIC®Paddle shifters vs 8-speed N Wet Dual Clutch Transmission w/ Paddle shifters
18-inch alloy wheels (machine / argent finish) vs N Unique 19-inch alloy wheels

Limited Unique Differences:
LED headlights (Matrix type)
Integrated Memory System – driver seat and outside mirrors
Power passenger seat (6-way)
Leather seating surfaces, Leatherette-wrapped dashboard
Ventilated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Color Head Up Display (HUD)
Rain sensing wipers
Around View Monitor (AVM)
Front & Rear parking sensors
Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (PCAA-R)

N-line Unique Differences:
Dual twin exhaust outlets (quad)
Rack Mounted Electric Power Steering (R-MDPS)
Drive Mode Select (Normal, Custom, Sport & Sport+)
N Unique front/rear fascia/rear spoiler
N unique sport front seats with Nappa Leather / Dinamica® seating surfaces
Leather-wrapped N unique sport steering wheel
Heated power glossy black side mirrors w/LED turn signal indicators and window surround
Full LED Taillights
Aluminum pedals
Larger front and rear brake calipers and discs
Unique suspension tuning is derived from firmer bushings, higher spring rates, revised shock valving and larger sway bars front and rear
Nice comparison.

#12 ·
When I was shopping for a vehicle last December I weighed waiting for the N-line vs. purchasing the Limited. I'm not disappointed that I went ahead with the Limited. I also considered the V6 Camry TRD, but my wife thought it looked a little too much like a "street racer" for someone my age. :)
I don't believe I have seen any of these yet pass my way on the highway.
I also liked the Subaru WRX, but it wasn't practical with two teenagers. My insurance is high enough already here in NJ.
Other cars that "lost out" to the Sonata included Kia Stinger (again, not practical), Volvo S60, Acura TLX A-Spec.
In the end, the Sonata was the best bang for my buck and included all my wants and needs for the foreseeable future.

#15 ·
The N Line is based off the standard SEL. BVM requires AVM so it doesn't have that. Didn't catch the ambient light being added. Here's what's added from the Hyundai order guide. What's in red is shared with the Limited.

(In addition to or in place of SEL equipment):
  • Smartstream 2.5T GDI/MPI 4-cylinder
  • 12.3-inch LCD cluster display
  • 8-speed N Wet Dual Clutch Transmission w/ Paddle shifters
  • Wireless device charging
  • Dual twin exhaust outlets (quad)
  • Hyundai Digital Key
  • Rack Mounted Electric Power Steering (R-MDPS)
  • N unique sport front seats with Nappa Leather / Dinamica® seating surfaces
  • Drive Mode Select (Normal, Custom, Sport & Sport+ [N Line swaps Smart for Sport+])
  • Leather-wrapped N unique sport steering wheel
  • N Unique 19-inch alloy wheels
  • Aluminum pedals
  • 245/40 R19 all-season tires
  • 2nd row air vent
  • N Unique front fascia
  • Proximity key with push button start and hands-free trunk release
  • N Unique rear fascia
  • LED interior lighting including ambient lighting
  • Rear spoiler
  • Auto-dimming mirror w/ HomeLink®
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Bose® premium audio system w/ 12 speakers
  • Heated power glossy black (body color on the Limited) side mirrors w/LED turn signal indicators and window surround
  • Navigation w/ 10.25-inch touchscreen
  • Full LED Taillights
  • Highway Drive Assist (HDA)
  • 12.3-inch LCD cluster display
  • Blue Link® Guidance Package (3-Year Complimentary Trial)
Also from the order guide, here's what's on the Limited and not on any other models

(In addition to or in place of SEL equipment with Convenience):
  • Smartstream 1.6T GDI 4-cylinder
  • Color Head Up Display (HUD)
  • Paddle shifters
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • 18-inch alloy wheels (machine / argent finish)
  • Front & Rear parking sensors
  • 235/45 R18 tires
  • Around View Monitor (AVM)
  • LED headlights (Matrix [Projector] type)
  • Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
  • Integrated Memory System – driver seat and outside mirrors
  • Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM)
  • Power passenger seat (6-way)
  • Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (PCAA-R)
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Bose® premium audio system w/ 12 speakers
  • Leatherette-wrapped dashboard
  • Navigation w/ 10.25-inch touchscreen
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Highway Drive Assist (HDA)
  • Leather seating surfaces
  • Blue Link® Guidance Package (3-Year Complimentary Trial)
  • Ambient lights

#19 ·
If you discount the Engine +110HP/ +121T, the driver improvements, better seats , the better look, the better Tires, Nuremberg tuning etc. This is the difference in someone who wants a Driver's car and someone who wants to be driven. I have a V6 Sonata from 2006 I prefer the former

#22 ·
Several items from the Limited I wish were included or at least made optional:
1. BVM/AVM (didn't some of the prototypes have it?)
2. Matrix LED headlights
3. HUD
4. LSD, not on any model
Still, the n-line is quite well equipped. I am looking forward to a test drive.

#28 ·
How long before the lower sill of the fascia is destroyed by a curb stop? Especially without AVM. Even the standard Sonata's sill is low (and painted black) and AVM is what's kept mine blemish free. It still baffles me that Hyundai doesn't offer some of the Limited's additional features as an upsell package on the N Line. Interestingly the Canadian N Line has the HUD and projector LEDs so it's not like components from other models can't be shared.

#34 ·
How long before the lower sill of the fascia is destroyed by a curb stop? Especially without AVM. Even the standard Sonata's sill is low (and painted black) and AVM is what's kept mine blemish free. It still baffles me that Hyundai doesn't offer some of the Limited's additional features as an upsell package on the N Line. Interestingly the Canadian N Line has the HUD and projector LEDs so it's not like components from other models can't be shared.

Makes me want to go to Canada to get it there. The HUD and matrix headlights are my 2 biggest wants for this car. I've almost decided to wait a year to see if they will be offered for 2022. Sure as heck they will be if I buy now.

#29 ·
Anyone know when these will start shipping? Someone at Hyundai, or in Alabama who see the new cars heading out must know! I spoke with a few dealers in the Boston area and one said December and the other said next year, January or February.
I am looking to get out of my '16 Sonata PHEV Limited and into something sportier. Wanted used Alfa Romeo Guilia but too small. Next up is used 4 series Gran Coupe or A5 Sportback. These can be found as 2018s with around 30k miles for the same as the Sonata new. Given that I am tall and need to use all 4 seats, I know the Sonata will work and for a blend of the performance, warranty, likely low service costs, spacious interior and the fact that my Hyundai has been completely reliable over 70k miles leads me back to Hyundai and skipping the used luxury market. Also in the hunt for a Palisade Limited, test drove against a used XC90 and came back to the Hyundai. It offers nearly everything I could get on the Volvo except for more power/speed and better mpgs but will easily come in under half the cost for service down the road.

#30 ·
Anyone know when these will start shipping? Someone at Hyundai, or in Alabama who see the new cars heading out must know! I spoke with a few dealers in the Boston area and one said December and the other said next year, January or February.
I am looking to get out of my '16 Sonata PHEV Limited and into something sportier. Wanted used Alfa Romeo Guilia but too small. Next up is used 4 series Gran Coupe or A5 Sportback. These can be found as 2018s with around 30k miles for the same as the Sonata new. Given that I am tall and need to use all 4 seats, I know the Sonata will work and for a blend of the performance, warranty, likely low service costs, spacious interior and the fact that my Hyundai has been completely reliable over 70k miles leads me back to Hyundai and skipping the used luxury market. Also in the hunt for a Palisade Limited, test drove against a used XC90 and came back to the Hyundai. It offers nearly everything I could get on the Volvo except for more power/speed and better mpgs but will easily come in under half the cost for service down the road.
have you driven the 1.6? i have had several fi cars(2 bmw 2002, 2 mazda, 323gt, gtx, 2 mitsubishi, gsx, galant vr4, and 2 mazda millenia). the 1.6 has great torque, and a very flat torque curve. the transmission is not dct, and it very well matched to the engine. smoothest transmission we have ever had. because of the wide and flat torque band, the daily driving of the car is excellent. the hud is the first for us, and i really like it. dunno if the n line has ventilated seats, but oh boy, it is a first for us, and i will never own another car without them. 19" wheels tell me the n wont have a nice ride, and ima bet there are gonna be a lot of bent wheels. we got our 1.6 at 0%, plus rebates, and a great trade. lastly, an unknown is insurance rates. low production car, rates are gonna be higher than the 1.6. i dont see a need for the extra power, and the loss of comfort

#32 ·
1.6L vs 2.5L turbo is apples to oranges. I'd call the 1.6L "adequate" in that it splits economy vs. performance pretty well. If you read the reviews the N Line has been compared to BMW's and Audi's in terms of performance and poise and more than a view reviewers were shocked at how the whole package performs. If next year they make the Limited "stuff" available on it I'd consider trading just for the enhanced fun factor. If @mtbsteve is looking at Audi's and BMW's the 1.6L and overall chassis tuning of the standard Sonata's would leave him wanting.

#33 ·
Completely agree. Just like the PHEV I have is quite a bit different than any of the gasoline-only Sonatas. The PHEV actually drives better and quieter, like a completely different car, mainly due to the heavy battery sitting low and in the back, the car feels solid. But I am am looking for something a little different but want to avoid the large service costs of the euro cars. There are trade offs with everything but so far, every review I have read or watched, people are very impressed with the performance and the total package of the N-line. They only nit pick the lack of limited slip differential and maybe that it would have been better with AWD. Part of the fun for me is researching and test driving so I plan on driving a few different models. Sad to see the traditional US auto mfgs completely give up on sedans but at least we have some good options from other brands. The Kia Stinger might be a better comparison to the 3 Series or A4/A5 but the lack of the rear leg room in the Stinger and G70 just kill it as an option. As a 6'4" person, I could probably make the 3 series or A4/A5 work but they are borderline, that is one of the main reasons the N-Line has me excited, I can get usable, fun performance in a size car that actually fits my family and I without breaking the bank at purchase and hopefully on maintenance/repair down the road.

#37 ·
Finally on Hyundai USA site and can compare trims site by site and a bit of disappointment with missing things on N, yes we heard ahead of time, but still: no HUD, BVM, RSPA, Surround view, ventilated front seats (could give it up if I could have the first 4), PCAR, headlights, Memory system, heated steering wheel, maybe few more. Will check with my dealership when they get N and maybe even take for a test drive but just wish the first 4 were available and I would consider/probably traded in my 2017, maybe :).

#40 ·
The Sonata N-Line pricing and equipment have been announced. It will be $33,200 + $995 destination fee = $34,195.

It comes with a 2.5L turbocharged engine with both MPI and GDI, and a new 8-speed, wet, dual-clutch transmission. It slots between the SEL Plus and Limited in terms of equipment. The only available option is summer tires. Personally, I wish you could get the features from the Limited in the N-line.

Price sheet with equipment details is here: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/...71-2021MYSonataDealerPriceSheet06Nov20201.pdf

There is also some interesting info in the press release about how the N-line has stiffer suspension and engine/transmission mounts: Hyundai Announces Pricing for High-Performance Sonata N Line with 290 HP and 311 LB-FT of Torque - Hyundai Newsroom
It looks like Hyundai has removed the Homelink mirror from the standard equipment and moved it to a dealer installed option. Do you see anything else that has changed? Also, what are some of the discounted online parts sites for genuine Hyundai parts? I've seen a couple mentioned but can't seem to find them right now. Thanks

#41 ·
It never fails. new line, they remove things that should not be removed. I'm still trying to figure out who's idea it was to omit the glove box light and the trunk handle (inside the trunk to avoid leaving hand prints on the exterior of the trunk).

#45 ·
Nice to see some N-Lines hitting the dealers around the country. There was one listed on cars.com as "n-series"... amazing that the first dealer to post one in stock with pictures botches the description.
Seen some price variations as well, one already discounted to $30,352 and others at MSRP, before most have even hit the lot. Go to cars.com and search new Sonatas and go into keyword box type in "n-line" or "n line" and change to exact match or else it won't work. All car sites I have searched, including Hyundai's page, do not list "N-Line" as a trim option to search for inventory so until they do, this search is the only way I know how to do it.

Here is the "N series" description, the first actual pictures posted by a dealer that I have seen.

Hope the links work.

#57 ·
Nice to see some N-Lines hitting the dealers around the country. There was one listed on cars.com as "n-series"... amazing that the first dealer to post one in stock with pictures botches the description.
Seen some price variations as well, one already discounted to $30,352 and others at MSRP, before most have even hit the lot. Go to cars.com and search new Sonatas and go into keyword box type in "n-line" or "n line" and change to exact match or else it won't work. All car sites I have searched, including Hyundai's page, do not list "N-Line" as a trim option to search for inventory so until they do, this search is the only way I know how to do it.

Here is the "N series" description, the first actual pictures posted by a dealer that I have seen.

Hope the links work.
Still 1110+ miles away will check this site to see if I can drive one of the first ones on the West Coast..thanks

#47 ·
Build Your Own Hyundai | Hyundai USA

Listed at $295, along with other assorted items such as cargo items, all weather floor mats, etc. that are normally dealer added.
I see that now. That is weird, maybe a mistake? It is listed as standard equipment on several models including the SEL Plus, N line and Limited. Not sure about the other models, can't seem to compare those right now.

#50 · (Edited)
Practical sedan with a little performance edge at an affordable price. Count me in. I ve been car shopping. Video reviews on this have been very strong. I look forward to seeing and driving it. Dealer about an hour from me has two in stock.

Ride will probably be a little rough but hopefully acceptable trade off. Strips some elements like manual passenger seat. But not a stripper, LED, Bose, wireless CarPlay, blind spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alert.
One thing I don’t understand is why include navigation, that’s where Hyundai should save money and keep the profit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.