Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sonata N-Line pricing and equipment have been announced. It will be $33,200 + $995 destination fee = $34,195.

It comes with a 2.5L turbocharged engine with both MPI and GDI, and a new 8-speed, wet, dual-clutch transmission. It slots between the SEL Plus and Limited in terms of equipment. The only available option is summer tires. Personally, I wish you could get the features from the Limited in the N-line.

Price sheet with equipment details is here: https://www.hyundainews.com/assets/...71-2021MYSonataDealerPriceSheet06Nov20201.pdf

There is also some interesting info in the press release about how the N-line has stiffer suspension and engine/transmission mounts: Hyundai Announces Pricing for High-Performance Sonata N Line with 290 HP and 311 LB-FT of Torque - Hyundai Newsroom

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
that makes 2 of us! If you are still thinking of going 17" there is a nice deal going on at walmart for some vivo 3 17" tires..
still on the fence. looking at dimensions, a 17 would add about .5" to sidewall height, which means .25" each side. i found a couple of sets of wheels, one was a takeoff, owner says 20 miles on the tires, but they are kumho. not my favorite brand. i would probably go with michelins, which means another 700 bucks, plus 100 for sensors. so an investment of about 1000, and i am not sure if it would make that much of a difference. plus, i just bought a full size spare 18 whl+tire.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L w/Tech & Ult Pkg's
317 Posts
Just realize that Sonata N will have same size tires as SEL Plus does but Limited is a size down. Why?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are many Limited features that will prevent me from purchasing a N-Line Sonata. Like no paddle shifters on a high performance model???????

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are many Limited features that will prevent me from purchasing a N-Line Sonata. Like no paddle shifters on a high performance model???????
It does have paddle shifters. Re-read the price list I linked in the first post in this thread.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,651 Posts
On a wet clutch DCT there will be paddles. That is the point of it an automated manual transmission, the best of both

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very disappointing that you can't get all of the Limited level features with an N-line package, or at least the 2.5T engine in a Limited.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Limited vs N-Line :

Smartstream 1.6T GDI 4-cylinder 180HP/190T 28/38 MPG) vs Smartstream 2.5T GDI/MPI 4-cylinder (290HP/311T 28/38 MPG)
8-speed automatic w/ SHIFTRONIC®Paddle shifters vs 8-speed N Wet Dual Clutch Transmission w/ Paddle shifters
18-inch alloy wheels (machine / argent finish) vs N Unique 19-inch alloy wheels

Limited Unique Differences:
LED headlights (Matrix type)
Integrated Memory System – driver seat and outside mirrors
Power passenger seat (6-way)
Leather seating surfaces, Leatherette-wrapped dashboard
Ventilated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Color Head Up Display (HUD)
Rain sensing wipers
Around View Monitor (AVM)
Front & Rear parking sensors
Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (PCAA-R)

N-line Unique Differences:
Dual twin exhaust outlets (quad)
Rack Mounted Electric Power Steering (R-MDPS)
Drive Mode Select (Normal, Custom, Sport & Sport+)
N Unique front/rear fascia/rear spoiler
N unique sport front seats with Nappa Leather / Dinamica® seating surfaces
Leather-wrapped N unique sport steering wheel
Heated power glossy black side mirrors w/LED turn signal indicators and window surround
Aluminum pedals
Larger front and rear brake calipers and discs
Unique suspension tuning is derived from firmer bushings, higher spring rates, revised shock valving and larger sway bars front and rear
REV matching, N Power Shift, Launch Control, and Active Sound Design (ASD)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Limited vs N-Line :

Smartstream 1.6T GDI 4-cylinder 180HP/190T 28/38 MPG) vs Smartstream 2.5T GDI/MPI 4-cylinder (290HP/311T 28/38 MPG)
8-speed automatic w/ SHIFTRONIC®Paddle shifters vs 8-speed N Wet Dual Clutch Transmission w/ Paddle shifters
18-inch alloy wheels (machine / argent finish) vs N Unique 19-inch alloy wheels

Limited Unique Differences:
LED headlights (Matrix type)
Integrated Memory System – driver seat and outside mirrors
Power passenger seat (6-way)
Leather seating surfaces, Leatherette-wrapped dashboard
Ventilated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Color Head Up Display (HUD)
Rain sensing wipers
Around View Monitor (AVM)
Front & Rear parking sensors
Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (PCAA-R)

N-line Unique Differences:
Dual twin exhaust outlets (quad)
Rack Mounted Electric Power Steering (R-MDPS)
Drive Mode Select (Normal, Custom, Sport & Sport+)
N Unique front/rear fascia/rear spoiler
N unique sport front seats with Nappa Leather / Dinamica® seating surfaces
Leather-wrapped N unique sport steering wheel
Heated power glossy black side mirrors w/LED turn signal indicators and window surround
Full LED Taillights
Aluminum pedals
Larger front and rear brake calipers and discs
Unique suspension tuning is derived from firmer bushings, higher spring rates, revised shock valving and larger sway bars front and rear
Nice comparison.

·
Registered
401 Posts
When I was shopping for a vehicle last December I weighed waiting for the N-line vs. purchasing the Limited. I'm not disappointed that I went ahead with the Limited. I also considered the V6 Camry TRD, but my wife thought it looked a little too much like a "street racer" for someone my age. :)
I don't believe I have seen any of these yet pass my way on the highway.
I also liked the Subaru WRX, but it wasn't practical with two teenagers. My insurance is high enough already here in NJ.
Other cars that "lost out" to the Sonata included Kia Stinger (again, not practical), Volvo S60, Acura TLX A-Spec.
In the end, the Sonata was the best bang for my buck and included all my wants and needs for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some additional Limited things...

• Blind View Monitor
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Both have Full LED Taillights
Based on your feedback I deleted "Full LED Taillights' from the unique list for the N-Line.
Both have Ambient and Blind spot thus not listed as unique

There are a lot of Base features that SE/SEL (both share) and Convenience PKG (adds to Limited only) not listed in the Unique lists or major difference list. I wanted to keep the list to the differences only, between those two models to aid research for cross-shoppers

·
Registered
177 Posts
The N Line is based off the standard SEL. BVM requires AVM so it doesn't have that. Didn't catch the ambient light being added. Here's what's added from the Hyundai order guide. What's in red is shared with the Limited.

(In addition to or in place of SEL equipment):
  • Smartstream 2.5T GDI/MPI 4-cylinder
  • 12.3-inch LCD cluster display
  • 8-speed N Wet Dual Clutch Transmission w/ Paddle shifters
  • Wireless device charging
  • Dual twin exhaust outlets (quad)
  • Hyundai Digital Key
  • Rack Mounted Electric Power Steering (R-MDPS)
  • N unique sport front seats with Nappa Leather / Dinamica® seating surfaces
  • Drive Mode Select (Normal, Custom, Sport & Sport+ [N Line swaps Smart for Sport+])
  • Leather-wrapped N unique sport steering wheel
  • N Unique 19-inch alloy wheels
  • Aluminum pedals
  • 245/40 R19 all-season tires
  • 2nd row air vent
  • N Unique front fascia
  • Proximity key with push button start and hands-free trunk release
  • N Unique rear fascia
  • LED interior lighting including ambient lighting
  • Rear spoiler
  • Auto-dimming mirror w/ HomeLink®
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Bose® premium audio system w/ 12 speakers
  • Heated power glossy black (body color on the Limited) side mirrors w/LED turn signal indicators and window surround
  • Navigation w/ 10.25-inch touchscreen
  • Full LED Taillights
  • Highway Drive Assist (HDA)
  • 12.3-inch LCD cluster display
  • Blue Link® Guidance Package (3-Year Complimentary Trial)
Also from the order guide, here's what's on the Limited and not on any other models

(In addition to or in place of SEL equipment with Convenience):
  • Smartstream 1.6T GDI 4-cylinder
  • Color Head Up Display (HUD)
  • Paddle shifters
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • 18-inch alloy wheels (machine / argent finish)
  • Front & Rear parking sensors
  • 235/45 R18 tires
  • Around View Monitor (AVM)
  • LED headlights (Matrix [Projector] type)
  • Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
  • Integrated Memory System – driver seat and outside mirrors
  • Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM)
  • Power passenger seat (6-way)
  • Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Rear (PCAA-R)
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Bose® premium audio system w/ 12 speakers
  • Leatherette-wrapped dashboard
  • Navigation w/ 10.25-inch touchscreen
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Highway Drive Assist (HDA)
  • Leather seating surfaces
  • Blue Link® Guidance Package (3-Year Complimentary Trial)
  • Ambient lights

·
Registered
44 Posts
Except the SEL has Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist w/Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist so the N-line would have blind-spot monitoring since it's based on the SEL

Blindspot Monitor BVM and Around View Monitor AVM is unique to the Limited, yet the N-line has the above for blind spots

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks to me like the N-line is basically the SEL plus with tech package and the 2.5L dual clutch trans.
If you discount the Engine +110HP/ +121T, the driver improvements, better seats , the better look, the better Tires, Nuremberg tuning etc. This is the difference in someone who wants a Driver's car and someone who wants to be driven. I have a V6 Sonata from 2006 I prefer the former

1 - 20 of 63 Posts