Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not going with complete exhuast system. Just changing mufflers see what that does I like the muffler tips personally. I'm looking at karnage mufflers. But I'm torn I heard this will ruin your warranty? Any opions welcomed.

· Registered
2021 Sonata N Line… for 9 days till DCT took a dump, now 2022 Sonata N Line
140 Posts
There seems to be a lot of confusion here regarding warranties and mods. Regardless of the modification, a dealership must be able to prove that said modification was the direct cause of a failure in order to exclude it from warranty. So you run a flash tune or JB4 and have a turbo failure, it would be pretty easy for the dealership to not cover that. I can't come up with A) a failure that could be attributed to changing only a muffler, or B) how a muffler only change could in any way void a warranty.

Unrelated, I hope you don't think a Sonata is going to sound ANYTHING like the V8's they use in their demo videos. I'd sure want to hear what a small displacement 4 sounded like before I signed up for yet another muffler by maxwell house, i.e. riced out coffee can sound.

· Registered
115 Posts
This is what I just had done. I can send a link to the tips if you want. I did a muffler delete. it sounds incredible. A little drone right now but once it builds up some carbon it should help a little. luckily there is enough space on the N line that I can fit a second resonator in if I need to.
Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel

· Registered
15 Posts
This is what I just had done. I can send a link to the tips if you want. I did a muffler delete. it sounds incredible. A little drone right now but once it builds up some carbon it should help a little. luckily there is enough space on the N line that I can fit a second resonator in if I need to. View attachment 462743
Those look really good. Please share!

· Registered
878 Posts
This is what I just had done. I can send a link to the tips if you want. I did a muffler delete. it sounds incredible. A little drone right now but once it builds up some carbon it should help a little. luckily there is enough space on the N line that I can fit a second resonator in if I need to. View attachment 462743
you and I have a very different definition of "a little drone", as I have rode in a Sonata with a muffler deleted and will never do so again. BUT, everyone hears things differently and some are more tolerant than others...To any thinking of doing a delete, I strongly suggest you ride in one first...

· Registered
115 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
you and I have a very different definition of "a little drone", as I have rode in a Sonata with a muffler deleted and will never do so again. BUT, everyone hears things differently and some are more tolerant than others...To any thinking of doing a delete, I strongly suggest you ride in one first...
The only drone I get right now is on medium acceleration. Anytime after that it is pretty quiet (unless I floor it). I had no drone at all at speeds of 55 or greater. Also because of the 8 speed it keeps the rpms low when moving so I really didn't get much and my windows were down. I think one thing that helped is that they used 2.5 inch piping from my Y-pipe to the tips instead of the stock 2.25. But idk. It sounds great to me!

· Registered
17 Posts
Do you have a video so we can hear what it sounds like

· Registered
140 Posts
the one I have still has the stock resonator so it sounds deeper and cleaner.
As visions of rice dance through my head🤣

jk, sure it works for you. I’d be more interested in a freeflow downpipe and exhaust that was more stealth, I’d rather they were like where the F did that acceleration come from than where is the 18 yr. old with the Pep Boys special exhaust🤷‍♂️

· Registered
115 Posts

jk, sure it works for you. I’d be more interested in a freeflow downpipe and exhaust that was more stealth, I’d rather they were like where the F did that acceleration come from than where is the 18 yr. old with the Pep Boys special exhaust🤷‍♂️
I agree! I'm really worried about getting rid of the resonator or going catless. I think it would be way too obnoxious as a full straight pipe.

· Registered
2023 Racing Red Kona N
309 Posts

My neighbor 4 houses down has a mid 2000's Accord Coupe that I can hear in the innermost parts of my home when he starts it up. Big fart energy. Makes it more hilarious he has a 14 inch deep spoiler bolted on to it. Thing runs 0-60 in line 10 seconds.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

· Registered
140 Posts
Not sure what that tiny buzzing sound is. Its only on camera not when you actually hear it.
That’s just a few grains of rice rattling around in a coffee can.🤣🤷‍♂️ JK… Glad you like it, thanks for posting video. Would be really neat if the DM came up with an active exhaust, but without that being factory, I have little hope. I’m certainly inclined to leave mine stock with what I’ve seen posted so far.

· Registered
115 Posts
I think it sounds better than stock. It’s too subtle in stock form. Add an intake and bov and your good to go!
I put a Spectre intake filter on it so it is a poor man's cold air intake right now. I hear some incredible intake noise when I accelerate but it doesn't make any sound unless I am actually accelerating. I also hear a Bov sound when I let off the accelerator. Maybe Hyundai put something in so that the turbo doesn't spool unless you're actually moving?!? Also I can't rev higher than like 6000 when in park or neutral! I think they rev limited it until it is in drive. And thanks! It sounds awesome!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts